The Program, Master of Fine Arts (MFA) has been intended for creative minds who have an urge for innovation and are looking to sharpen their creative skills and expand their knowledge and wisdom. It is an adventurous field, suitable for people with artist calibre and those looking for new applications of their learning. As a part of the program, one’s will enable to study and practice classic as well as contemporary Fine Arts/Visual Arts while getting to discover area of expertise to cultivate a unique individual style.
The program, Master of Fine Arts (MFA) is a creative program devised by Department of Fine Arts, Chitkara School of Art & Design allows one’s to specialise in course such as Painting, Printmaking, Art History and Sculpture. It provides a more practical learning with skill orientation mainly of creative or practical nature. The program is committed to endorse the development of artistic skills, the expression of creative processes, and an informed awareness of how art practice intersects with the current visual culture and societal concerns. It provides a strong foundation in traditional art forms including Drawing, Painting, Art History, Critical Thinking and Sculpture, with extensive explorations in Video Art, Installation, Performance, Photography and Contemporary Art practices.
Following are the program objectives:
- Illustrating nature and principal concepts of art; its brief History, contemporary practices and execution techniques
- Studying the relationships between society and artistic production by understanding the existing psychology, circumstance and needs of the society
- Interpreting and exemplifying assignments to get the knowledge of visual narrations in art practices, and positive impact of visualisation for creating brand image through different media.
Artists have a wider range of performance possibilities in contemporary world with a wide range of applications. One’s could consider a career doing design work for Ad agencies, corporate houses and non-profit organisations or companies. One can start their own Graphic Design firm or Artist Studios. The program provides opportunities at all levels, as does working in with art galleries, Museums and other Organizations. If one’s have artistic skills, can build a freelance career and start sending work to clients remotely. As a graduate with a Master’s of Fine Arts, you offer more than many other master’s degree graduates. Come to the workplace with creative skills, one has been coached, practised and honed. Not only are these skills desired by employers in all fields, they also give an edge in carving out a career where one can exercise and enjoy your true passion.
- Workshops: Workshops are an important aspect of the curriculum.
- Live Projects: Hands-on experience by working on live projects to develop a sense of problem solving, critical thinking in order to gain real life understanding.
- Industry Immersion: Training, projects and guest lecturers in collaboration with industries help to learn from real life situations.
- Specialisations & Electives: Elective courses from within the discipline, to give more depth to core competencies.
- Holistic Development: Opportunity to participate in different symposia, seminars, art camps, competitions, and National & International Art Exhibitions
- Research Orientation: Opportunity to develop and practised a unique individual style and artistic production to discover the unrivalled truth.
Eligibility & Fees
- BFA or Equivalent to BFA with minimum requirement of 50%
- Personal interview/Counselling
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
*ERP: Only at the time of admission.