The candidate must get registered for a program on the first day of the academic session. If a student fails to register and continuously absents himself/ herself for a period of one week or more then his/her name shall be struck off the rolls of the University.
The students of Chitkara University are required to wear the prescribed uniform on all working days.
University is of the view that regular attendance of the classes would go a long way in ensuring that a student derives full benefit from the academic delivery at the University. Accordingly, University lays a lot of emphasis on regular attendance of the classes. To be eligible for any university course examination 75% attendance is mandatory.
All candidates granted admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) are required to be in possession of a laptop computer. The configuration of the laptop will be available on the University website. A student is free to buy the laptop of the required configuration from the place of his/her own choice.
- 25% of the seats are reserved for bonafide candidates of Himachal Pradesh in Chitkara University Himachal Pradesh.
- 15% seats are exclusively reserved for the candidates of Punjab Domicile in Chitkara University, Punjab.
- The allocation of seats for the reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped/Others) shall be as per the policy of the State Government.
Fee Payment Schedule
Students will be admitted only after receipt of full fee at the time of counseling.
- The fee shall be paid either in cash or by Demand Draft in favour of “Chitkara University” payable at Chandigarh. Cheques shall NOT be accepted.
- All enrolled students have to pay their fee twice a year in the months notified by the university.
- Delayed payment of fee will attract a fine as per the rules and regulations of the University.
Fee Refund Rules
Fees once paid will be refunded in full subject to a deduction of Rs.1000/- towards processing charges and Rs.2500/-
towards counseling fee if application of withdrawal is made on or before commencement of the session.
In case withdrawal application is made after the commencement of the session fees will be refunded after a pro rata deduction along with deduction of Rs.1000/- towards processing charges and Rs.2500/- towards counseling fee.
The fees shall be refunded within 120 days of the commencement of the academic session if the refund application is submitted before the start of the session
Cancellation of Seat
A candidate, who does not report for the registration in person on the date of registration as notified in the academic calendar, shall forfeit his/her seat and his/her name will be struck off from the rolls of the University. The admission of the candidate, whose eligibility after verification is not as per norms, also stands cancelled.