Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the various courses offered by Chitkara University?
In order to view the complete list of the various courses offered by Chitkara University, Please Click here
2. Are the courses offered by the Chitkara University recognized?
Yes. Chitkara University, Punjab and Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh are government-recognized universities with the right to confer degrees as per the sections 2f and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956.Please Click here
to view the UGC notification for Chitkara University, Punjab.
Please Click here
to view the UGC notification for Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh.
3. What are the minimum requirements for applying to a particular course in Chitkara University?
Eligibility requirements differ from course to course. For detailed information, Please Click here
4. Are marks obtained in the qualifying exams considered for admission?
All admissions are strictly on merit. Admissions to some courses are based on merit in the all-India entrance test, and in some programs on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
5. Can I apply for admission to a program in Chitkara University before the declaration of result of the qualifying exam?
Yes, you can apply before the declaration of result of the qualifying exam for programs where admissions are done on the basis of marks. For all other courses, the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with requisite marks is to be submitted at the time of counselling/ admission.
6. What is the total approximate expenditure for a selected course?
7. Can I receive admission on the basis of entrance test alone?
Depending on the admission criteria, the admissions will be based on merit in the entrance test or marks in the qualifying examination. However, all candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
8.Can I receive the application form by post?
Yes, by sending a demand draft (DD) for the required amount.
9. Do I need to come down to Chitkara University Campus / Admission Office to receive / submit the application form?
No, the application form can be received by post and can be sent through post or courier.
10. Where can I get the prospectus and application forms?
The application material can be obtained from the following places: Administrative Office
SCO 160–61, Sector 9 C, Chandigarh
Telephone: +91 172 4691800Admission Helpline
Mr Sandeep Sharma : +91 95011 05714
Mr Suhail Preet Singh: +91 84272 29999
For Admission Queries
Mr Jatin Guru : +91 95011 05721
Mr Dharamveer Dheer: +91 95011 05716
Mr. Karambir Singh Mankotia: +91 95011 05719
Mr. Umed Singh : +91 95011 05715
Mr. Rupesh Rai : +91 95011 05639
Chitkara University, Punjab
Chandigarh–Patiala National Highway (NH- 64), Punjab- 140 401
Landline number: +91 1762 507084/86
Mr. Suhail Preet Singh: +91 95011 05718
Mr. Sandeep Sharma: +91 95011 05633
Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh
Pinjore–Barotiwala National Highway (NH-21A), Himachal Pradesh
Landline number: +91 1795 661011
105, Indraprakash Building, 21 Barakhamba Road, Cannaught Place, New Delhi
Mr. Amlan: +91 98103 55724
Mr. Chandan: +91 98732 88076
Chitkara Information Centre, Exchange Road, Near Telephone Exchange, Kacchi Chhawni, Jammu
Dushiant: +91 98585 27296
Application forms are also available online and are even sold through various book stores. In order to access the list of places / book stores from where you can obtain application forms, Please Click here .
11. If I have to apply for more than one course/program, should I get that many application forms?
Courses are combined under different groups. Only one application is sufficient for courses under the same group. Separate applications are required for courses under different groups.
12. Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
No. It is mandatory for the candidate to attend the counselling session.
13. Do I need to pay the admission / tuition fee at the time of counselling / admission?
Yes. The fee is to be paid on the day of counselling/admission.
14. Is there any facility for payment of fees in installments?
No. the entire first semester fee is to be paid on the day of counselling / admission and there is no provision for payment of fee in installments / parts.
15. Is there a capitation fee?
No. The candidates need to pay only the fees mentioned in the prospectus.
16. Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to Chitkara University?
No. We don’t have any agents or middlemen for admissions.
17. Is there any management / reservation/ donation quota?
No. All admissions are awarded strictly on merit and we don’t have any management quota, reserved/ donation seats or payment seats of any kind.
18. Are any extracurricular activities promoted, or have facilities available for their training / practice at Chitkara
University where I can improve upon my skills?
There are plenty of facilities and activities for the overall personality development of every individual at Chitkara University.
19. In whose favour should the application/entrance-test demand draft (DD) be made, where should it drawn and in
which bank should it be made?
The demand draft (DD) should be made in favour of Chitkara University, payable at Chandigarh. The DD can be made from any bank.
20. What are the documents required while attending the counselling /admission?
During counselling/admission, all the candidates are required to bring the original and attested copies of the
- Certificate and mark sheets of Class X and XII.
- Certificate and mark sheets of graduation (only for post-graduate programs).
- Migration certificate from the board/university last attended.
- Rank card of qualifying examinations. If result is not declared, then attach admit card wherever applicable.
- Character certificate as per the format given on the Web site, please click here to view it.
- Medical fitness certificate as per the format given on the Web site, please click here to view it.
- Reserve category certificate, if applicable.
- In case of any time-gap in studies, an affidavit declaring non-involvement in any criminal activity during the gap period and duly signed by an executive magistrate/ notary public is to be submitted by the candidate.
- Two additional recent, non-attested passport-size photographs with the candidate’s name and date of birth clearly written on the reverse are to be submitted.
21. Can I take back the original documents?
All the original documents are returned after verification.
22. Does Chitkara University offer Ph.D. programs?
23. Is there any dress code?
In order to lend brand-exclusivity to each of our students, a dress code will be applied for the students of Chitkara University. All students are strictly advised to follow the dress code inside the campus.
24. Are hostel charges included in the tuition fee?
No. The hostel fee is mentioned separately.
25. Is it necessary for the parents to attend / accompany children during counselling?
No. It is not mandatory for parents to attend / accompany children during counselling.
26. Sexual Harassment Committee