In the year 2002, Chitkara Educational Trust established its Punjab campus 30 kilometres from Chandigarh, on the Chandigarh–Patiala National Highway. In the year 2010 Chitkara University was established by the Punjab State Legislature under “The Chitkara University Act”.
Chitkara University, the best university in Punjab is a government-recognized university with the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The sprawling campus of the University is equidistant from Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Ambala and Patiala. The University offers multi-disciplinary programs, all of which are designed to be industry-relevant. As a result of this student-centric approach, Chitkara University is renowned as one of the best private universities in the North India region. From business management programs to programs in nursing and medical laboratory technologies; and from computer science, electronics and mechanical engineering programs, to hotel management and architecture—Chitkara University, Punjab is a veritable cornucopia of educational services.
The Curriculum is delivered in spacious, amphitheatre-style classrooms—fitted with modern information and communication technology (ICT) equipment—and in well-equipped, modern laboratories. Additionally, students are encouraged—and provided relevant facilities—to participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities through various clubs and societies on the campus.
It is because of the cumulative effect of an elaborate in-campus academic infrastructure; strong national and international collaborations; and a robust on-campus recruitment record—including regular recruitment by reputed blue-chip companies—that the University finds favor with national as well as international students.
A healthy number of foreign students regularly study at the campus and number of them also visit on exchange programs, adding to the cultural diversity found on campus. The University in Punjab provides several opportunities for local students, too, to visit foreign universities and institutions on such exchange programs, thereby helping them receive invaluable international exposure.
The University has at the centre of its philosophical core the commitment to excellence in education. It is the strong academic heritage of the University, and such firmness on matters of principles that has seen it grow from strength to strength in such a short span of time.
To be a globally recognized organization promoting academic excellence through interdisciplinary applied research and to expand realms of knowledge through innovation.
- To carry out the academic processes in accordance with global standards through active teacher-student-industry participation.
- To promote research, innovation and entrepreneurship in collaboration with industry, research laboratories and academic institutions of global repute.
- To inculcate high moral, ethical and professional values amongst our students, faculty & staff.
- To contribute in building skillful society.
Our logo depicts the arrows in soaring heights, promising everlasting progress. It also illustrates the interlinking of our key stakeholders namely Students, Parents, Faculty, Alumni, Industry and Society as a whole, working in synergy towards a common goal which is the “Everlasting Success of Each Chitkara Student and creating them as responsible citizens”. The colour Red denotes Energy & Passion to “Explore Our Potential”.
The learning environment at Chitkara University represents unique blend of distinguished faculty, brilliant and intellectual students with a proactive collaboration with industry. All stakeholders at Chitkara University abide by our charter.
Explore Your Potential with Chitkara University, Punjab
Chitkara University has defined certain values for those who are directly or indirectly involved in the working of the University.
The values identified and adopted by Chitkara University are as follows:
- Care – For us, welfare of our students and employees is our top priority.
- Supportive – We are supportive. We go an extra mile to support our stakeholders i.e. students, faculty member, parents, government and industry.
- Academic Excellence and Learning – We value excellence in learning by adopting suitable pedagogy and ensuring that our faculty remains in touch with the latest in the field. We also ensure that our students are able to compete at global level.
- Quality – We hold a strong commitment to high standards in all aspects of our educational activities, learning outcomes and support services. We seek to continuously strengthen the overall effectiveness of our operations.
- Faith – We treasure our ethos and our charter.
- Integrity – We conduct our operations and make our public representations in an ethical manner. We practice honesty and objectivity in dealing with our stakeholders.
- Diversity – We embrace and promote diversity in our policies and practices to prepare our learners to live and work successfully in an increasingly diverse society. We strive to create a learning environment by welcoming teachers, learners and staff who bring diverse ideas, values and backgrounds and beliefs to the learning and work environment.
- Leadership – We seek to develop responsible leaders committed to a common goal.
- Freedom of Inquiry and Expression – We support the rights of our people to freely inquire and express their opinions and suggestions. We involve and encourage an open exchange of ideas and seek inputs from one and all who wish to participate in the learning process of teaching.
- Communication – We believe in open, honest, respectful and timely communication at all levels.
- Accountability – We are accountable to all the stakeholders and the general public for fulfilling our mission in an appropriate manner by openly assessing the operations.
- Innovation – We provide imaginative and effective solutions to our challenges and innovative ways to fulfill our mission.
- Collaboration – We seek and nurture partnerships with educational institutions in India & abroad, research establishments, industry and the communities, to have an effective learning environment.
- Access to Underprivileged – We aim to promote social mobility by creating opportunities for the underprivileged, to gain access to our educational system. Hence, we hold a strong commitment to the inalienable right to their pursuit of happiness.
- Time Management – We aim to train our people to manage time effectively so that the right time is allocated to the right activities and specific time slots to activities as per their importance.
- Social and Cultural Sensitivity – We value and respect diversity and hence, we are committed to function effectively in various cultures. Our aim is to make our workforce sensitive to cultural differences.