* Starting in July, 2020
The aim of the program is to prepare post graduates to assume responsibilities as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional settings. The program is recognised by the Indian Nursing Council and approved by Punjab Govt.
Medical Surgical Nursing | Psychiatric Nursing | Community Health Nursing Paediatric Nursing | Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing
The program will prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in a clinical / public health setting.
On completion of M.Sc Nursing degree program, the graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine, including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Practice as a nurse specialist.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
The clinical exposure in the respective speciality, classes taken by the clinicians and the nursing faculty, participation in various conferences, organising workshop on their own and the dissertation itself make each student’s pathway to achieve the aims of the course.
Eligibility & Fees
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council. B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing recognized by Indian Nursing Council with minimum of 55% aggregate marks. Min. one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing. Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
^ERP: Only at the time of admission