Mechatronics Engineering is the branch of Science which includes the study of principles of Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, System Engineering and Control Engineering – and focuses on real-world application of these principles.
Mechatronics Engineers typically act as the link between Technicians and Engineers and work from conception to the completion of the project. They also assist with design, development and testing of electrical or electronic equipment. When mechanical equipment includes electrical or electronics components.
Mechatronics Engineers can also find a place in global enterprises developing futuristic vehicles, defence technology and revolutionising consumer products. They may also work in smaller innovative ‘high tech’ companies supplying software and equipment and they could be product developers, work in manufacturing, or mining or defence industries, and in government and industry research groups. Some of the fields these graduates could explore, include:
- Automation & Robotics
- Design of Subsystems for Automotive Engineering
- Expert Systems &Artificial Intelligence
- Consumer Products
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- Machine Vision
- Sensing & Control Systems
- Industrial Electronics
- Medical Mechatronics
- Structural Dynamic Systems
- Diagnostic & Reliability Techniques
Some of the major companies who recruit our graduates are:
Mechatronics Engineers work in all aspects of development of the smart machine – from design and testing right through to manufacture. This could be in industries like robotics, medical and assistive technology, human-machine interaction, manufacturing, unmanned aerial and ground vehicles and education. As a Mechatronics Engineer, students can learn to:
- Develop new solutions to industrial problems using Mechanical & Electronic processes and Computer Technology.
- Design and build completely new products by integrating various technologies, for example, developing robotic vehicles for underwater exploration.
- Build and test factory production lines introducing automation to improve existing processes.
- Apply Mechatronics or Automated solutions to the transfer of material, components or finished goods
The core focus areas of the program includes:
- Basics of Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Systems and Control Engineering.
- Introduction to Robotics & Artificial Intelligence, along with Machine Vision.
- Study of Fluid Power Technology – Hydraulics & Pneumatics – and its technology developments.
- Study of Computer Hardware and Software.
- Study properties and applications of Materials Science.
- Analog/Digital Electronics and Communications.
Eligibility & Fees
- XII passed with a minimum aggregate of 60% or secures 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, JEE-MAINS 2022 [Feb/Mar/Apr/May] mandatory.
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
^ERP: Only at the time of admission