4.5- YEAR BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that works with people to identify and maximise their ability to move and function. And functional movement is a key part of what it means to be healthy. This means that physiotherapy plays a key role in enabling people to improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life.
Due to mechanization and sedentary lifestyles, people face common muscular skeletal problems which include issues such as backache, stiff shoulders and neck, osteoarthritis knee, etc. In curing out the disorders, the physiotherapists work wonderfully the mainstream doctors. Physiotherapy can be considered a health profession which is concerned with maximization of mobility and quality of life by implementing clinical reasoning. An qualified physiotherapist can
- Establish a physical diagnosis and determine a client’s movement potential.
- Plan and implement physiotherapy treatment programs, using specialized knowledge and skills in exercise prescription and hands-on techniques for the prevention and treatment of movement dysfunction.
- Undertake related professional activities such as research, teaching, administration and consultation
Our Bachelor of Physiotherapy program is designed to meet the international standards and is taught by highly qualified faculty making to be best program in Chandigarh and Punjab. The program has a balanced exposure of both academic and clinical training and will be a full-time course of minimum 4 years plus minimum six months compulsory internship and abbreviation of nomenclature as B.P.Th, or B.P.T.
On completion of the course of study having successfully passed the examination, the candidate would be able to achieve a satisfactory level of efficiency:
- To detect and evaluate, Anatomical patho-physiological and psychosomatic impairments resulting in physical dysfunction in various age groups, occupations.
- To understand the rationale and basic investigative approach to the medical system and surgical interventions regimens; and accordingly plan and implement specific Physiotherapy measures effectively.
- To be able to select strategies for cure and care; adopt restorative and rehabilitaive measures for maximum
possible independence of a client at home, work place and in the community.
- To ensure quality assurance and motivate the client and his/her family for desirable client compliance.
Physiotherapy provides services to individual and population to develop, maintain, restore and optimise health and function throughout the lifespan. This includes providing services to people compromised by ageing, injury, disease, or environmental factor. Physiotherapist identifies and maximizes quality of life and movement potential by using the principles of promotions, prevention, treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The candidate should have passed the qualifying XII STD/HSC examination (or equivalent) having English as a subject and a minimum of 50% marks, in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as mandatory Subjects.
New graduates in Physiotherapy usually start in general hospitals, gaining experience in different specialities on a rotational basis. Physiotherapists can specialise in particular areas such as acupuncture, sport injuries, women’s health, intellectual disabilities, respiratory care, neurology and gerontology, rheumatology, paediatrics, occupational health & ergonomics, oncology & palliative care.
- Job ProspectsPhysical therapists have ample job prospects in Hospitals, Nursing homes, Residential homes, Rehabilitation centers, Private offices such as Private practices or Private clinics, etc. Additionally, a person with qualification in physiotherapy can work at Out-patient clinics, Community health care centers etc.
- Market WatchAs various health centers, fitness centers, wellness centers, spas, etc. are coming up in big way, the prospects of career in physiotherapy seem positive. Students after completing their course in physiotherapy receive offer letters from top notch brands. Major recruiters are hospitals which try to offer alternative medical service and physiotherapy is one of the most suitable and successful alternative method to cure various ailments.
- International FocusCandidates with excellent research skills can opt for research and development works in various pharmaceutical companies and institutional laboratories located in the USA, UK, Canada and European countries. Aspirants willing to opt for teaching have option of teaching at various universities abroad.
Then there are schools for physically disabled children, defense medical establishments and rehabilitation centers for the handicapped which offer attractive venues for Indian students with qualification in Physiotherapy.
Physiotherapists have great scope internationally also and is accepted as an effective method to cure various ailments and health problems. The compensation packages for physiotherapists are attractive in the USA, UK, Australia and Canada and many successful physiotherapists start their profession or start working with health solution providers in these countries and earn attractive salaries.