Art has evolved into a dynamic field with wide-ranging applications in our day-to-day life. The emergence of the Art industry as an important asset for the growth of our country has phased various platforms for creative minds to explore their potential in a sustainable manner; visible all around us. Bachelor of Fine Arts program has been devised for young minds that have a knack for creativity and want to refine their skills to expand their knowledge. The program is designed to understand and practice classical as well as a contemporary approach in the field of Fine Arts to discover an area of expertise.
The program is committed to promoting artistic skills, the expression of creative processes, and an informed awareness of how art practise intersects with current Visual cultural and societal concerns. It will provide a strong foundation in various art forms like Drawing, Painting, Art History, Printmaking and Sculpture, with extensive explorations in Video, Installation, Performance Art, Photography and Art Entrepreneurship. Depending on one’s talent and preference, a student can choose to be either self-employed or work in different industries related to visual arts or advertising. It is an adventurous field, suitable for people with creative minds and those looking for new applications of their learning.
Fine Arts is a field for those who really enjoy creating & imagining, and are interested in making a career in visual arts. Graduates can explore the following roles:
- Freelance Artist/ Entrepreneur
- Creative/Art Director
- Art Academician (Teacher/Professor)
- Prosthetic Artist
- Museum/ Gallery Professional
- Cultural Diplomats
- Socio-Cultural Activists
- Publication Designers
- 3D modeller
- Character Designer
- Art Historian/Curator
Some of the basic areas covered in this program are:
- Illustrating the nature and principal concepts of Various Art Forms and their execution.
- Studying the relationships between Society and Art istic creation by understanding the existing psychology, circumstance and needs of society.
- Interpreting and exemplifying assignments to get the knowledge of visual interpretation in Art works, and positive impact of visualization for creating brand image through different media.
- Focus on Painting, Sculpture and Art History.
- Opportunity to work on live industry based design and advertising projects, and opportunities to ‘earn while learn’ by taking up job works.
- Opportunities to take part in the state, interstate and inter university level cultural activities. Opportunities to participate in national and international workshops, festivals and exhibitions. Exposures to historical sites, museums, art galleries, art fairs and exhibitions.
Eligibility & Fees
- Passed XII (any stream) or Equivalent | CUDAT
- Personal Interview Counselling | Valid UCEED scores
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
*ERP: Only at the time of admission.