Workshop on LATEX
School of Applied Sciences at Chitkara University is organizing a three-day workshop on LATEX, which is an extremely powerful markup language for creating structured documents. It is particularly well suited for documents containing mathematics, but can be used for any document.
People, whose publications involve a large number of mathematical equations, use LATEX.
It is the standard writing tool for most research carried out in the mathematical, physical and engineering sciences.
Latex provides a facility for pdf output so that it is easy to share your research with other people who do not have
Remarkably, LATEX is freeware.
The main objective of the workshop is to make the participants aware about LATEX. By the end of the workshop, the participants will be confident enough to do their documents using LATEX.
- Introduction to LATEX- why LATEX?
- Basic Document Creation- creating basic document- changing the class (article, report)- section, subsection- chapter, paragraph, subparagraph- generating table of contents- starred version of the commands- title creation
- Formatting the Document- special characters- dashes and hyphens- spacing and newline- footnote- formatting (bold, italic, underline, emph)- itemize and enumerate- flush left and right-writing abstracts
- Advanced Topics- tables- mathematics- equations- Greek letters- equation numbering- vectors
- Graphics- inserting image- giving caption and label
- Referencing- create references.
- Introduction to Beamer- brief introduction to beamer-
creating presentations using Beamer.
The applicants may submit their duly filled registration form along with the registration fee in the prescribed form of a DD, drawn in favour of CHITKARA UNIVERSITY, payable at CHANDIGARH.
The registration amount is Rs. 1000/- for teachers and PG scholars from UGC/AICTE approved colleges and Rs. 1500/- for participants from Industry and other organizations.
Accommodation will be arranged in the university premises on prior request.*
Last date for registration: June 20, 2013.
Date of workshop: July 8 to10, 2013.
Mr. Mohit Kakkar, Convener: 09417371099
Mr. Sangeet Pathak, Convener: 08427822077
Pleaseclick hereto download the brochure.
Please click here to download the registration form