Workshop on “Design Centric Approach to Patents”
CSI Student Chapter, Department of Computer Applications is organizing a workshop on “Design Centric Approach to Patents” from March 30th -March 31st. This workshop will provide a unique opportunity to explore the intersection of design and patents and learn how to leverage design thinking in patent creation and protection.
In today’s fast-paced business environment, design has become a critical component of successful product development. However, design can also play a significant role in the patenting process, particularly in ensuring that the result is not only functional but also visually appealing and user-friendly. This is where a design-centric approach to patents can make all the difference.
During this workshop, you will learn from leading experts in the field of design and intellectual property, who will share their insights and practical tips on how to incorporate design thinking into your patent strategy. We will cover topics such as:
- Understanding the role of design in patents
- Identifying design aspects that can be patented
- Using design thinking to enhance patent creation and protection
- Collaborating effectively with designers and patent attorneys
- Case studies and real-world examples of successful design-centric patents
The workshop will be interactive and hands-on, giving you the opportunity to work with your peers and experts in small groups to apply the concepts covered in the sessions.