A pathbreaking program that offers a perfect blend of experiential and theoretical studies to build a strong base in Engineering fundamentals and to create a well-rounded learning environment through academic collaborations with industry leaders.
Mastery in the field of computer science requires a solid foundation of engineering basics as well as a hands-on approach that gives students the opportunity to practice what they have learned and seen the results for themselves. The Computer Science Engineering program at Chitkara University fulfills all of these requirements. It is designed in such a way that it allows students to attain both theoretical expertise and practical experience. At Chitkara, we ensure that Computer Science graduates are equipped with sound knowledge of design, implementation, and management of both the software and hardware components of any computer system.
The Computer Science Engineering department at Chitkara University is not just the best one in Punjab but is also among the leading ones in the country. The curriculum is designed in such a way that it enhances technical know-how, ability to think on your feet, and people skills. As a result, the who’s who of the hi-tech industry offer excellent paying jobs to students graduating from Chikara. The companies that visit us during placement season include big names like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Infosys, Wipro, and, HCL.
- Developers and Specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies
- Development Engineers, Technical Leaders, and Managers
- Consultants, Solution Developers, and Entrepreneurs
- Computing Specialists in Research Labs and Tech Providers
- System/ Network Performance Analysts
Some of the major companies who recruit our graduates are:
The Computer Science Engineering program at Chitkara has been built in such a way that it offers the following benefits to students:
- A Practical, Hands-On Learning Experience – Through practical teaching tools like industry live projects, design problem challenges, and simulation projects, the program aims to build students’ ability to dissect real-life problems and formulate innovative solutions to resolve them.
- Fostering An Entrepreneurial Mindset – A variety of workshops and programs are curated to give students an idea of what entrepreneurship is and how to go about it in a planned and organized manner. By listening to seasoned entrepreneurs talk about their experiences and by learning the principle of entrepreneurship from them, students can gain sufficient confidence to set up their own ventures if they wish to.
- Gaining Business and Technical Insights From Industry Experts – Throughout the course of four years, students get innumerable chances to hear industry experts and renowned academicians talk about the latest and greatest in the world of technology and science, thereby expanding their horizons and their ability to think.
OUR PROGRAM CURRICULUM LAYS INTENSIVE FOCUS ON:
- Computer Programming & Problem Solving
- Object Oriented Paradigm & Programming
- Digital Logic
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Computer Architecture & Organisation
- Algorithm Design & Analysis
- Microprocessor & Interfacing
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networks
- Programming Language Translators
- Graphics & Multimedia
- Database Systems
- Software Engineering
- Internet & Web Programming
- Image & Vision Computing
- Software Project Management
- Mobile Computing
- Operations Research
- Information Security
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless Networks
- Concurrent & Distributed Systems
- Data Warehousing & Data Mining
Eligibility & Fees
- Class XII passed with a minimum aggregate of 60% or 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- JEE Mains 2019 (January/ April mandatory)
^ERP: Only at the time of admission | Rs. 2,500 Counseling fee only at the time of allocation for B.E. programs (Non refundable)
^^CAS (Career Advancement Services): Only at the time of admission.
Rs. 2,500 towards Alumni Services has to be paid with the last installment