Vinay and Sukhjot to represent Chitkara University at Pre-Republic Day parade camp
Two students of Chitkara University, Vinay Kumar, a third year ECE student and Sukhjot Kaur, a second year BCA student have got selected for Pre-Republic day parade camp to be held in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. Both are NSS volunteers.
Pre Republic Day Camp is organised prior to Republic Day Camp in order to select NSS Volunteers who are best in Parade and cultural activities. There are 5 Pre- RD Camps which are organised throughout the country.
During the camp, the volunteers are provided an opportunity to meet Role Models of National/International Repute. The camp changes the personality of the volunteers.
The objective of the selection camp was to call the best NSS volunteers from various universities across Punjab to comprise a team of volunteers to further represent the state during the North-Zone Pre-RD Selection Camp.
Apart from it, there are few basic qualities (as mentioned in their website) which are required for selection of NSS Volunteers for Pre- Republic Day Parade Cam and the NSS Republic Day Parade Camp:
- Should be a regular student and bonafide NSS Volunteers of any NSS Unit at College level
- Should have attended the orientation programme of NSS
- Should have participated in at least one Special camp
- Culturally Sound
- Capable of team building & leadership
- Capable to cope up with the camping atmosphere
- Physically fit
- Capable to undergo a rigorous physical & drill training
- Well disciplined
- Height for male volunteers between 166 cms to 175 cms & for female volunteers 155 cms to 166 cms
- The volunteers should be unmarried
We wish them all the luck for their future endeavours.