Chitkara University Startups raise 2.5 Cr+ Funding
A mega startup investor roadshow was organised today by Chitkara University and its Centre for Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CEED), in collaboration with Agility Ventures, an investor-centric venture capital firm.
This international event saw participation from both Indian and International start-ups which were in the pre and post-revenue stage, they pitched to 20 investors, comprising lead investors, angel investors, and micro venture capitals (VCs). The event was an excellent platform for Tier-2 city startups to network with experienced investors.
Eminent people from the start-up industry present in the event today included Gajendra Chandel: Former Chief Human Resources Officer (Tata Motors), Dhianu Das: Founder Agility Ventures & General Partner at Fluid Ventures, Tushar Kapoor: MD of Kapsons Group and members of IIT Mandi, ISB, IIT Ropar, The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), Sumeer Walia: Director of CEED, Chitkara University, Mr Ketan, MD of Superdonuts, Chandigarh Angels Network, Punjab Angels Network, Punjab Chamber of Commerce and Industries (PCCI) and PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) among others.
Around 11 shortlisted start-up’s presented their ideas to raise funds for their dream projects of which few were successful in getting funding and acceleration commitment from investors.
- “Chai Nagri” brings India’s favourite beverage, Tea, at reasonable prices without compromising on the quality. They successfully got funding of 1 Crore
- “QuickStay” makes migrating to a new city easy! Listing the best of the properties to choose from, this app gives the users what they want. They successfully got a funding of 75 Lakhs
- “Kulcha Gram”, a first-ever startup focusing on carrying forward the delectable taste of bun Kulcha. They successfully got a funding of 50 Lakhs
- “Yatrikart” India’s first tech-enabled transit retail chain, enabling micro-entrepreneurship by empowering hawkers & retailers at transit stations.
- “AnCrypto.io” a highly secure & customer-centric platform that simplifies investing, exchanging, and lending cryptocurrency in a decentralised and democratic ecosystem.
- “Truly Organic” which is giving a whole new meaning to eating clean and healthy.
- “SD Academia” is one of the most innovative art organizations. With the vision of empowering people with different artistic skills
- “80wash” The waterless 80-wash technology is economical than the normal laundry. The machine is affordable to 3-star businesses hotels/salons/hospitals and reduces the cost for 5-star and 7-star businesses.
- “Kregzo” is a community bringing together like-minded people to collaborate and network, focusing on making startups accessible and investable with the help of AI.
- “Kidbea” Asia’s first spill-proof kidswear clothing brand making organic and anti-bacterial sustainable clothes for children.
- “Better Beauty” a clean beauty brand, conceptualized in partnership with actress Anita Hassanandani. The brand is all set to make a mark in the clean beauty industry!
Agility Ventures, an investor-centric venture capital firm, has been doing road shows across India for entrepreneurs for 12 years to create an ambient environment for funding of dream projects taking the country to new heights.
Speaking On the occasion Dr. Madhu Chitkara, Pro-Chancellor, Chitkara University, said “This is our second Investor Fest we organised in last three years and it is encouraging to see how our robust start up ecosystem has evolved under Chitkara University and its Centre for Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CEED). She added that “It was so overwhelming to see the response from start-ups and the entire ecosystem of Chitkara University at investor fest 2022.
Dhianu Das, Founder of Agility Ventures & General Partner at Fluid Ventures, said, “We are glad that over 4Cr investment commitments have happened in our first roadshow and 7 out 11 Startups who pitches have got funding commitments. Me and our team are indebted to the great management of Chitkara University and CEED”.
Sumeer Walia, Director, CEED and program director of investment fest 2022 opined that “ Start-ups’ success lies in their ability to build more and more customers and raise money from investors, today was an overwhelming response from Investors Fest 2022. It’s very crucial for tier 2 cities to have such investor startup meets”. He said that India is now the third-largest unicorn hub after the United States and China.