Faculty development workshop on ‘Enhance the count and quality of your research publications’
Chitkara University is organising a faculty development workshop on the topic “Enhance the count and quality of your research publications” from 6th July to 11th July 2020 at 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm (IST).
Topics to be Covered:
- Meaning of Research, Indian Research story, Judging the quality of research (h index, impact factor, i-10 index, different kinds of indexing systems etc
- What makes a great paper? Elements of writing style.
- I want to publish a research paper. How to do a Literature Survey, Search Strategy
- Collaborative research work and Principles of authorship (learnings from CHARM framework for short-term research teams)
- Manuscripts Writing: Titles and Abstracts, Choosing key-words for your paper, Writing Introduction of a Research paper, Writing Methodology, Results and Discussions section | Conclusions section | Acknowledgement section
- Style of References | Use of tools like Mendley/EndNote/ Refworks
- Plagiarism and Ethical Issues in Research
- Submitting your manuscript | Pre-submission enquiries at scientific journals | The purpose of scientific cover letters
- Selecting a journal for publication
Dr. Rajnish Sharma
Dean (Research), Chitkara University
Prof. Harmeet Kaur
Dean, Chitkara College of Nursing, Chitkara University
National registration fee: Rs 1000/-
International registration fee: USD 20/-
Online workshop link will be shared with registered participants by 5th July 2020.
E-certificate will be issued to those who would be completing at least 80% of the course contents and secure at least 50% marks in the evaluation conducted at the end of the course.