3-Year Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a field that deals with the study of electricity,electronics, electromagnetism, energy & its allied applications. Electricity and its applications play a pivotal role in powering many devices and appliances. The impact of electrical Engineering touches almost every area of our lives. Electrical Engineering at its core is concerned with the basic forms of energy that run our world.
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering at Chitkara Polytechnic will focus on:
- Electricity Switching & Distribution
- Energy Management
India is growing—our economy, our population, our industry and our demand for energy. Electrical Engineers are specialists in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of energy. It’s a powerful career choice that demands good problem-solving skills and an eye for detail. As the world prepares for the challenges posed by climate change and if you want to make a difference in combating this pressing global problem by innovating environment-friendly products, systems and services to improve
quality of life, this diploma in Electrical Engineering will put you on the right track.
Electrical Engineering will enable you to excel and grow in critical industry sectors such as energy & power, green buildings as well as the rapidly emerging clean and green technology sector. What’s more, this program also prepares you to pursue further studies leading to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications from reputed local and foreign universities.
Some of the key student-learning outcomes for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering are as follows :
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining electrical, instrumentation, control systems and associated green technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices
- To do maintenance, repair and production of electrical equipment and its systems
- Procure, inspect and test electrical and electronic Engineering materials.
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing small electrical gadgets/domestic appliances, making joints and carrying out wiring work
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace electrical machinery used in various industrial and domestic appliances
- Ability to do industrial installation, laying cables, earthing, installing motors with their accessories, wiring and testing of control circuits
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic wiring, industrial wiring in transmission and distribution systems to install, erect and commission the power equipment
- Designing wiring schemes for domestic and power installation and drawing layouts for wiring & building automation
- The Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a 3-Year full time program offered by Chitkara Polytechnic, constituent institution of Chitkara University, Punjab.
- This program is offered in collaboration with Schneider Electric, bringing a complete blend of academic learning and best hands-on support.
- There are five academic semesters and last semester is solely dedicated to Intensive Industry Internship Program.
- Dedicated laboratories allow students to combine their practical and theoretical studies providing real time simulation that prepares them for field situations.
- Curriculum is industry focussed to ensure the student stays connected with real time working.
YEAR – 1
- Emphasis is laid on foundation science courses and basics courses in Electrical & Electricity.
- Intensive focus on developing communication skills, which equip students for better learning.
YEAR – 2
- Introduces students to the domestic electrical environment allowing them to read & prepare Electrical schematics, laying wiring and also applying concepts learned through electrical machines and electrical circuits.
- Students learn industrial Electrical environment by applying all conditions starting from preparing schematics, laying out wiring in panels and driving heavy electrical machines by feeding high energy
- Later part of the year students learn, understand and work on automation in domestic & industry environments using newer techniques and equipments, which compliment real time environment and data logging for statistical power analysis solutions
YEAR – 3
- Focuses on learning majorly in the domain of energy quality, energy audit and energy management, preparing students for the niche market.
- With the acquaintance of knowledge in electrical, electricity and in energy domains, students will undergo focused intensive industry internship program, resulting in practicing all the core learning in real life industry environment. Also the student will prepare a major technical project, which demonstrates his learning and capability for starting his career with blue chip companies across the world.
Major focus is laid in creating best in class lab & workshop infrastructure, which makes blended learning possible and the lab is equipped with advanced equipments from Schneider Electric, France. This allows deeper conceptual learning by simulating real time industry environment part of electricity & energy domains
- Basic electrical & electricity lab (AC & DC)
- Domestic wiring lab (Single & Multi Floor Concept)
- Industrial wiring lab (Single & Multi Panel Concept)
- Building automation lab (KNX Protocol)
- Industrial automation lab (PLC’s & Drives)
- Non conventional energy generation lab
- Power transmission & distribution lab
- Domestic switching & consumption lab
- AC machines & drives Lab
- DC machines & drives lab
- Power architecture lab
- Energy quality lab
- Energy audit lab
- Individual cubes to allow students to lay piping, fittings and install electrical accessories
- Indian, European, American style of wiring layouts for practice & replication
- Space with all connections in place to conduct final certification assessments
- Open area (Roof & Floor) for construction and underground exercises
- Fitting workshop with all amenities
- Welding workshop with all amenities
- Height adjustable platforms up to 30 feet to allow students to work on various heights
- Building automation & building power management workshop
- Fire protection system workshop
- Central heating with various temperature control chambers simulation workshop
- AC – 3 phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- AC – Single phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 3 Phase 440 V Solid State Bus Bar
- DC power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 64 KW back up generator
- Single & Multi Stage Transformer with Capacitors
- Low voltage switch gear display area (Static & Functional)