Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) is a two-year academic program streamlined to endow in-depth knowledge of science and technique behind the formulation of pharmacy practice and medicines management. The program fundamentally provides an overview of the conjecture principles and practices implicated in the science of pharmacy including core subjects like Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics.
The curriculum and syllabi for the program are as per the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) the statutory body governing pharmacy profession in India. In this program students will gain insights into the chemical and physical properties chemical structure and uses of pharmaceutical formulae. The program encompasses knowledge about the natural medicines which are obtained from plants, animals, marine and biological sources. In addition, the program focuses on imparting knowledge about drugs used for different diseases, dosage absorption, mechanism of action, drug action, drug interaction and adverse reaction. Candidates seeking advance knowledge in the discipline can apply for higher education.
Some highlights of D.Pharm program at Chitkara College of Pharmacy are:
- Experienced and vibrant full-time faculty.
- Regular interaction with community pharmacy and industrial pharmacy experts.
- Opportunity to use and witness post graduate and research infrastructure at under graduate level.
- Case studies based on community and industrial pharmacy.
- Placement focus in Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinical Research Organizations, Health Insurance and other opportunities.
Basics courses covered in the D.Pharm are-
- Pharmaceutics –I
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry –I
- Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Health Education & Community Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutics –II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry –II
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug Store and Business Management
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
Career Options after D.Pharm:
This is a 2-Year program after Class 12th to train the students to play an important role in hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy and assist the pharma industry at various levels. The course has been designed as per the regulations of Pharmacy Council of India. It will enable students to practice pharmacy profession in a strong, skillful and determined manner. There are career options after D.Pharm in
- Drug Distributor
- Food and Drug Administration
- You can Open a pharmacy once Registration
- Health Centres
- Research Agencies
- Work as an MR in a drug company company
- Work as a Pharma or medical equipment dealer
Career paths you can choose after completing D.Pharm are:
- Scientific Officer
- Production Executive
- Quality Analyst
- Medical Transcriptionist