10th Global Week-2018
Chitkara University truly honored & privileged to share that Year 2018 marks the hosting of “Tenth Season of Global Week” at Chitkara University, Both Campuses Himachal Pradesh & Punjab Campus from 22nd-26th October – 2018.
Global Week is a footprint of Global Engagement at Chitkara University and one of the best ways of Internationalizing the student learning experience. This event serves as a catalyst for infusing cross-cultural competence, industry linkages, knowledge transfer as well as a phenomenal networking opportunity.
Chitkara University has been continuously hosting this event where eminent faculty members are invited from across the world to teach predetermined short module courses. This globally acclaimed event also offers an excellent opportunity for the participating delegates to getting acquainted with the rich culture & diversity of Incredible India. Besides offering invaluable networking between local and visiting faculty, one of the objectives of this event is to provide a global environment to keep Chitkara University students informed about the dynamics of International education and to raise their global awareness. Our students experience stimulating interactive sessions with the eminent visiting guest professors from our trusted & priority partner Universities from around the world. They also gain competence towards becoming global learners as they witness unprecedented pedagogical styles during the amazing seven days of their participation in the event.
On behalf of our Hon’ Chancellor, Dr. Ashok K. Chitkara, we are pleased to share an exclusive invitation to warmly welcome erudite faculty colleagues from our partner & prospective partner Universities to our much acclaimed 10th Global Week-2018 (22nd -26th October.)
10th GW-2018 is a strategic initiative of promoting our priority mandate on boosting collaborated learning and blended teaching to set World Class TNE platform that usually hosts about 50 plus erudite & distinguished professors from 35 Universities from nearly 22 countries across the six continents. Please take a moment to watch our last year’s 9th GW-2017 media coverage.
What is Global Week, all about…
From the past five years, Chitkara University has been continuously hosting annually “block week” for our students where distinguished faculty members are invited from across the world to teach predetermined short module courses. This globally acclaimed event offers an excellent opportunity for the participating Universities to promote their International Programs besides experience a phenomenal global ambiance while getting acquainted with the rich culture & diversity of India.
Why should your University participate in 10th Global Week 2018 @ Chitkara University-India
- Phenomenal opportunity to have a strong presence in the Indian-Sub. Continent.
- Excellent platform to enhance & capitalize global networking possibilities.
- Exceptional experience & exposure to diverse global pedagogical approach.
- Explore the opportunity for unique strategic cohorts & specialized engagements.
- Splendid prospects to further woo future International students.
- Strategic TNE opportunity with ECTS/Credits awards, certification & evaluations.
- Enjoy our warm hospitality with most memorable experiences & make lifelong friends.
- Capitalise & consolidate on Chitkara University’s open resource sharing mandate in context to notable Industry partners, Global Academic partners, Licenses, accreditations, affiliations & most importantly being part of the Global Talent Pool
- Work closely with future joint supervision, co-publications, research, Industry training & consultations, co-patent filing, conferences & workshops, endowment & grants project, etc.
- Experience the diverse possibilities & immense opportunities, for instance, initiate cross-country, cross-continent co-working to jointly co-found an enterprise to set footprints in India etc.
- The total lecturing time for the course would be 15 to 20 hours for the week, average 3 to 4 hrs per day.
- Lectures will be held on Monday, 22nd until Friday 26th October 2018.
- The medium of instruction & teaching would be in English.
- Choice of selecting the subject & topic of teaching is the sole discretion of our International guest faculty.
- Classroom size & student strength could vary from 40-50 students or perhaps more.
- Evenings & weekends will be reserved for outings, social activities & informal networking.
- 3 Star Hotel accommodation (Single Accommodation) for the entire duration of the event.
- Local transportation with all necessary ground logistics support.
- Multi-cuisine choice of three meals each day.
- Group tour packages in & around the City Beautiful of Chandigarh.
- Welcome gala dinner & departure parties.
- All possible support facilities for teaching aids & related tools.
- We shall also ensure that throughout the teaching session, all International guest professors would be accompanied along with our respective yet buddy professors as well.
- Excursions & Outings will include trips to Golden Temple Amritsar, Rock Garden, Kasauli Hill Station, Sukhna Lake, Sikh Museum etc.
- Not missing to mention, immense fun & self-learning experience as well.
Please note, here are the main brief summary points for the 10th Global Week:
We shall happily host & provide the following facilities to all the visiting guest professors:
We would urge you & along with your recommended colleagues to please register immediately by clicking here.
For any further & related queries, please feel free to contact:
Mr. Sanjeev Sahni
Director-Office of International Affairs