After completion of 4th semester in B.E. Computer Science and Engineering, students have the opportunity to pursue specialisation in Data Analytics.
The advent of the Internet has expanded the digital technology landscape, manifold. Every action online leaves a digital footprint, thus completely transforming the business world at a rapid speed. There is a massive explosion of data on a daily basis which helps organisations monitor behaviour of their customers and thus extract valuable insights.
The specialisation in Data Analytics equips students with the skills to draw out intelligent analysis of data, which is a crucial component in numerous business applications and supporting business decisions. The program is designed to cater to the ever-changing needs and demands of the industry. Data Analysis experts are among the most sought-after professionals in IT sector, with demand for skilled technocrats in that field outpacing other IT jobs by a wide margin.
According to NASSCOM, the Data Analytics market will reach $16 billion by the year 2025, growing eight fold from its market worth in 2016. India alone will require over 200,000 data scientists, as per various industry insights. Types of companies/ organisations looking for data analysts:
- Big IT companies who have an Analytics Practice – Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, Oracle Analytics KPOs – Genpact, WNS
- In-house Analytics Units of large corporates – Citibank, Dell, HP, Spencers, Target
- Core Analytics firms – Brainmatics, Fractal Analytics, Mu Sigma
Some of the profiles, which graduates can explore in organisations are:
- Data Engineer
- Citizen Data Scientist
- Enterprise Data Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Manager
- Intelligence Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Risk Analyst
Our program curriculum lays intensive focus on:
- Data Science principles, tools, and techniques to solve ‘real world’ business problems and suggest suitable solutions with relevant findings.
- Identify issues in everyday business; apply Data Science for better understanding of data-driven management decisions to help get an edge over competition.
- Provide insights into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles.
- Produce new and creative analytic solutions which can become a part of any business core deliverable.
- Get insights on how to improve business results by building data-fueled products.