2- Year M.E in CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT in collaboration with ACC LIMITED
At Chitkara University, we understand and appreciate the potential of growth in infrastructure particularly in the construction technology and management and the need for program, which are practice oriented. We have collaborated with ACC Cement which is one of the foremost companies in Indian cement and concrete industry to offer ME program in construction technology and management .
About ACC Cement
Construction engineering and management apply scientific and technical knowledge to the processes used to construct infrastructure projects. Graduates in Construction Engineering and management are can apply their broader knowledge to the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry. The instructional program is highly interdisciplinary and aims at developing strong abilities to conduct construction engineering and management work involving basic concepts and principles, technical analysis, planning, design, and management, and the development of knowledge that positively impacts the A/E/C industry. The program provides the student with skills in planning, designing, and implementing construction processes and systems. The course offerings provide both a broad awareness of construction concepts and an understanding of scientific and technical knowledge to address construction problems.
- To train the students with the latest and the best in the rapidly changing fields of Construction Engineering, Technology and Management.
- To prepare the students to be industry leaders who implement the best engineering and management practices and technologies in the construction industry.
- To continually work with industry to enhance the program’s effectiveness and the opportunities for innovation in the construction industry.
- To conduct research to develop advanced technologies and management approaches.
On successful completion of the programme, the students will
- Be able to apply theoretical and practical aspects of project management techniques to achieve project goals.
- Possess organizational and leadership capabilities for effective management of construction projects.
- Be able to apply knowledge and skills of modern construction practices and techniques.
- Have necessary knowledge and skills in accounting, financing, risk analysis and contracting.
- Be capable of using relevant software packages for planning, scheduling, executing and controlling of construction projects.
- Be able to use the latest softwares in construction management such as MS Project, PRIMAVERA and PERT MASTER
- Be able to apply the knowledge of repair, rehabilitation and retrofitting of buildings
- Be able to apply the knowledge of sustainability in civil engineering structures going to be used in the development of smart cities in near future
- Be able to use the knowledge of GIS in construction engineering and disaster management
The Course work comprises the study of following main courses and thesis submission
- Construction and Contract Management
- Green Buildings and Sustainability in Civil Engineering
- Construction and Environment
- Airport Construction Management
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Principles and Practices in Management
- Construction Methods and Equipment.
- Repair Rehabilitation and Retrofitting
- Software use in Construction Management
- Site Organization and Management.
- Estimation and Quantity Surveying
- Materials and Equipment Management
- Management of High-Rise & Special Structures
- Quantitative Methods in Construction Management
- Maintenance Planning and Control
- Thesis Submission
In India, organized construction industry is in the starting phase and hence offers vast opportunities to construction management professionals. A course in construction management trains techno managers to be leader in construction work management and open vistas to rich career avenues.
Big construction firms normally hire their own construction management people. CPWD, PWD, Delhi Metro, L&T, Gammon India Ltd., Indian Railways, National Highway Authority of India are some of the construction majors and potential employers in India famous for building structures worldwide.
All students who complete a degree or diploma in this particular field of management studies are eligible for employment in reputed construction and other companies. Graduate candidates specializing in Construction Management could become planning engineers, designers of infrastructure projects, controllers and monitors, procurement and coordination executives and appraisers of project proposals submitted to funding agencies. Post graduate students in Construction Management (PG Diploma, MBA, M.Tech etc) work as assistant managers, planning managers and project managers in construction companies in collaboration with specialists such as architects, structural engineers, electrical engineers, sustainability experts, finance experts, and others. Also many of them start their own construction management firms. Job opportunities are plenty in:
- large development companies
- international consulting firms
- multi-national architectural firms
- government sector organizations
- construction firms
- Candidate should have passed B.E. / B.Tech / AMIE in Civil Engineering with minimum C.G.P.A of 6 /60% marks from the Government / UGC recognized University.
- Candidate should have cleared GATE / Entrance examination conducted by State Government / Entrance examination conducted by the University.