B.Tech (Lateral entry) PROGRAMS
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Lateral Entry course is offered by Chitkara University – Himachal Pradesh. The Lateral Entry program enables candidates with a 3 years diploma in engineering or an equivalent degree to get admitted directly to 2nd Year (3rd semester).
Chitkara Engineering programs were initiated in the year 2002 with the sole focus to prepare students from all backgrounds for careers as Engineering in a rapidly changing, technology-driven society. Within a decade, our Engineering programs have emerged as among the top 50 of the country which speaks volumes about our strong academic heritage, innovative teaching methodology and proactive industry collaborations
DURATION: 3 Years
WE ARE OFFERING ADMISSION DIRECTLY TO THE 2ND YEAR IN THE FOLLOWING STREAMS:
Excellent campus placements is the hallmark of our b.tech (lateral) program
Our Engineering graduates go on to great careers, we’re hands on and responsive in our teaching, we provide a great environment to study and our research is world class. We have established an unassailable reputation for very strong on-campus recruitments on the sheer virtue of our intensive focus on making all our graduates “industry ready”, but brilliant campus recruitment is a end result of our teaching approach which is learning-centric enhancing knowledge, skills, and understanding through practical experience.
10th batch of Engineering graduates from Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh appeared for the campus recruitment process this year.
Some of the major highlights of the campus recruitment for the batch graduating in the year 2017 were
- 124 companies came on-campus for hiring Chitkara Engineering students (Most of the companies are listed on the next page)
- Out of batch of 992, around 218 students got “Dream Job Offers” from marquee companies such as Amazon, HP Labs, Toshiba, Cisco, Evalueserve, Integreon, Flipkart, Practo and Zscaler.
- Some of the top on-campus recruiters were as follows – Infosys-238 / Capgemini-114 / iNautix-76 / Alliance Global-57 / Tech Mahindra-36
- In keeping up with the campus recruitment trend since the year 2006, not many students were available for placements after the first week of campus recruitment. So the companies such as Ericsson / Unisys/ Emerson/ Amdocs / Hitachi/ Newgen / Cybage picked up small numbers.
- For Mechanical Engineering students, some of the major companies that visit our campus are – Mahindra & Mahindra / Honda / Eaton/ SML ISUZU/ Yamaha/ L& T / Escorts / Tata Technologies / Punj Lloyd / Denso / Apollo Tyres / Jindal Saw / Motherson Sumi / Godrej / Coca Cola.
- For Civil Engineering students, some of the major companies which visit our campus are – L&T Construction / Sobha Developers / 3 C / Shapoorji Pallonji / Sterling & Wilson / Cinda Construction / Lafarge / Afcons / DLF / Raheja Construction / JSW Steel / Mahindra EPC