The candidate must get registered for a program on the first day of the academic session. If a student fails to register and continuously absents himself/ herself for a period of one week or more then his/her name shall be struck off the rolls of the University.
The students of Chitkara University are required to wear the prescribed uniform on all working days.
University is of the view that regular attendance of the classes would go a long way in ensuring that a student derives full benefit from the academic delivery at the University. Accordingly, University lays a lot of emphasis on regular attendance of the classes. To be eligible for any university course examination 75% attendance is mandatory.
All candidates granted admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) are required to be in possession of a laptop computer. The configuration of the laptop will be available on the University website. A student is free to buy the laptop of the required configuration from the place of his/her own choice.
- 25% of the seats are reserved for bonafide candidates of Himachal Pradesh in Chitkara University Himachal Pradesh.
- 15% seats are exclusively reserved for the candidates of Punjab Domicile in Chitkara University, Punjab.
- The allocation of seats for the reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped/Others) shall be as per the policy of the State Government.
Fee Payment Schedule
Students will be admitted only after receipt of full fee at the time of counseling.
- The fee shall be paid either in cash or by Demand Draft in favour of “Chitkara University” payable at Chandigarh. Cheques shall NOT be accepted.
- All enrolled students have to pay their fee twice a year in the months notified by the university.
- Delayed payment of fee will attract a fine as per the rules and regulations of the University.
Fee Refund Rules
A candidate is entitled for fee refund only before the last date of admission, provided the vacated seat is filled by another candidate. The fee refund for these cases will be done as stated below:-
– If a candidate does not join the University and applies for refund, the fees deposited by the student shall be refunded after deducting Rs.1000./-.
2500/- counseling fee for Engineering Program is non – refundable.
The last date for the refund application to surrender the seat will be informed at the time of counseling.
Cancellation of Seat
A candidate, who does not report for the registration in person on the date of registration as notified in the academic calendar, shall forfeit his/her seat and his/her name will be struck off from the rolls of the University. The admission of the candidate, whose eligibility after verification is not as per norms, also stands cancelled.
If an applicant is found ineligible or found to have submitted false data/documents, after admission to the University even at a later date, his/her admission would be cancelled and the fee forfeited.