The admission procedure will commence after an eligible candidate has applied for admission and his application has been received in the Admission Office within the due date.
The aim of the counselling process is to extend a helping hand to potential scholars and facilitate their search for the program of their choice.
Candidate would have to personally appear before the Counselling Committee on the date and time specified. Failure to do so will result in rejection of the application. The candidates would be required to be in possession of the documents as given in the “Important Instructions” at the time of counselling.
Allocation of Seats
The seats in the various programs will be allotted based on merit-ranking of the student in the specified entrance test, subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the program and the preferences indicated in the counselling form at the time of counselling (as per availability of seats).
For BE programs the seats shall be allocated based on merit ranking of the student in the JEE MAINS 2013. It is mandatory for the candidate applying for engineering to have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Class X and a minimum aggregate of 60% or secures 60% in physics, chemistry and maths in Class XII.
For admission to the B. Arch Program admission shall be carried out on merit based on the valid NATA score and marks secured in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50.
Please note that for the programs with no entrance tests the seats will be allocated based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination specified under eligibility criteria and entrance test/interview conducted by Chitkara University (CU) (wherever applicable).
Payment of Fees and Confirmation of Seat
The selected candidate will have to deposit the prescribed fee on the same day (immediately after counselling) by way of cash or demand draft drawn in favour of Chitkara University payable at Chandigarh, on confirmation of the seat. Cheques shall not be accepted.
Failure to pay the fee will result in forfeiture of the seat and the seat would be allotted to the next candidate.
For other important instructions please visit www.chitkara.edu.in regularly.
The candidate must get registered for a program on the first day of the academic session. If a student fails to register and continuously absents himself/herself for a period of one week or more, his/her name shall be struck-off the rolls of the University.
The students of Chitkara University are required to wear the uniform provided by the University on all working days.
The University is of the view that regular attendance of the classes would go a long way in ensuring that a student derives full benefit from the academic delivery at the CU. Accordingly, it lays a lot of emphasis on regular attendance of the classes.
In order to be eligible for any University course examination, 75% attendance is mandatory.
All candidates granted admission to Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Program and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Program are required to be in possession of a laptop computer. The configuration of the laptop will be available on the University Web site. A student is free to buy the laptop of the required configuration from the place of his/her own choice.
- 25% of the seats are reserved for bonafide candidates of Himachal Pradesh in Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh.
- 15% seats are exclusively reserved for the candidates of Punjab domicile in Chitkara University, Punjab.
- The allocation of seats for the reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped/Others) shall be as per the policy of the respective State Government.
Fee Payment Schedule
Students will be admitted only after receipt of full fee at the time of counselling.
- The fee shall be paid either in cash or by demand draft in favour of Chitkara University, payable at Chandigarh. Cheques shall not be accepted.
- All enrolled students have to pay their fee twice-a-year in the months notified by the University.
- Delayed payment of fee will attract a fine as per the rules and regulations of the University.
Cancellation of Seat
A candidate, who does not report for the registration in person on the date of registration as notified in the academic calendar, shall forfeit his/her seat and his/her name will be struck off from the rolls of the University.
If an applicant is found ineligible or found to have submitted false data /documents, after admission to the University even at a later date, his/her admission would be cancelled and the fee forfeited.
Fee Refund Rules
As per UGC guidelines, a candidate is entitled for fee refund only before the last date of admission provided the vacated seat is filled by another candidate. The fee refund for these cases will be done as stated below:
- If a candidate does not join the University and applies for refund, the fees deposited by the student shall be refunded after deducting Rs1000/-.
- If a student leaves the University after joining the course, the fee deposited shall be refunded, after proportionate deductions of total fees paid.
- If the vacated seat is not filled then the candidate is entitled only for the refund of security deposit.
Candidates should note the following:
- Attested copies of the following documents must be attached with the admission form:
- Certificates and mark sheet of Class X and XII.
- Certificates and mark sheets of graduation (only for postgraduate programs).
- Migration certificate from the board/university last attended.
- Rank card of qualifying examinations. If result is not declared then attach admit card (wherever applicable).
- Character certificate as per the format given on the Web site.
- Medical fitness certificate as per the format given on the Web site.
- Reserve category certificate, if applicable.
- Affidavit signed by executive magistrate/ notary public required in case of gap in the studies for not being involved in any criminal activities during the gap period.
- Attach two additional passport-size recent photographs with your name and date of birth clearly written on the reverse. The photographs need not to be attested.
- Incomplete admission forms will not be accepted.
- The marks will not be rounded-off to determine the eligibility criteria, e.g., 59.99 % will not be considered equivalent to 60.00%.
- If two or more candidates have equal marks in the qualifying examination, then marks of the next lower examination will be taken into consideration. In case there is any tie, then the candidate senior in age will be given preference.
- All admissions are given on provisional basis subject to the verification of eligibility for the program as laid down by the University.
- In case a student applies for migration during the pendency of the program, he/she is required to deposit the fee for the remaining period of program as per the catena of judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Candidates must bring the photostat copy of the duly filled application form and all the original certificates with them at the time of counselling. Failure to do so will debar them from attending the counselling process. All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidate.
- The administrative office of the Chitkara University is at Chandigarh and in case there is any dispute arising regarding the admission, the same will be adjudicated by the courts in Chandigarh only.
- Last date of receipt of application form shall be notified on www.chitkara.edu.in
- Candidates are advised to visit the University website www.chitkara.edu.in regularly for the updates.
- Kindly submit the application form along with relevant documents in the enclosed self-addressed envelope. Students applying for the BE Programs should also submit the OMR sheet along with the application form. The OMR sheet should not be stapled or folded.
Please note that the specimen copies of the format for the following certificates would be available on www.chitkara.edu.in :
- Character certificate
- Certificate of backward class
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bonafide certificate