ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS
AN ENGINEERING EDUCATION AHEAD OF ITS TIME
At Chitkara University, our Engineering students receive a quality education that prepares them to advance the frontiers of technology. Through our “Hands-on” curriculum, students design and construct all-terrain vehicles; design, build and load steel bridges; produce computer animations and video games; and harness the power of the sun to race cars that they design, build and test. Our engineers don’t just learn theory – they expand upon it and apply it.
Chitkara Engineering programs were initiated in the year 2002 with the sole focus to prepare students from all backgrounds for careers as Engineering in a rapidly changing, technology-driven society. Within a decade, our Engineering programs have emerged as among the top 50 of the country which speaks volumes about our strong academic heritage, innovative teaching methodology and proactive industry collaborations.
THE THREE PILLARS OF CHITKARA ENGINEERING EDUCATION
- PROACTIVE INDUSTRY COLLABORATIONS
Chitkara Engineering has established an unassailable reputation for very strong campus recruitment on the sheer virtue of our intensive focus on making all our graduates “Industry Ready”.
Know more about our industry collaborations
- WE LET YOU EMBARK ON RESEARCH FROM DAY ONE.
We believe every student benefits from being taught by experts active in research and practice. You will discuss the very latest ideas, research discoveries and new technologies in seminars and in the field and you will become actively involved in a research project yourself. All our academic staff are active in internationally-recognised scientific research across a wide range of topics. You will also be taught by leading industry practitioners.
There are always numerous engineering research projects in progress, funded by industry, charities, government departments and research councils. Our undergraduate students benefit through access to up-to-date equipment, industrially linked projects and staff expertise.
Know more about Chitkara University Research and Innovation Network (CURIN)
- STRONG CAMPUS RECRUITMENT
Our Engineering graduates go on to great careers, we’re hands on and responsive in our teaching, we provide a great environment to study and our research is world class. We have established an unassailable reputation for very strong on-campus recruitments on the sheer virtue of our intensive focus on making all our graduates “industry ready”, but brilliant campus recruitment is a end result of our teaching approach which is learning-centric enhancing knowledge, skills, and understanding through practical experience.
Some of the major highlights of the campus recruitment for the batch graduating in the year 2016 were
- 124 companies came on-campus for hiring Chitkara Engineering students (Most of the companies are listed on the next page)
- Out of batch of 992, around 218 students got “Dream Job Offers” from marquee companies such as Amazon, HP Labs, Toshiba, Cisco, Evalueserve, Integreon, Flipkart, Practo and Zscaler.
- Some of the top on-campus recruiters were as follows –
Infosys-238 / Capgemini-114 / iNautix-76 / Alliance Global-57 / Tech Mahindra-36
- In keeping up with the campus recruitment trend since the year 2006, not many students were available for placements after the first week of campus recruitment. So the companies such as Ericsson / Unisys / Emerson / Amdocs / Hitachi/ Newgen / Cybage picked up small numbers.
- For Mechanical Engineering students, some of the major companies that visit our campus are – Mahindra & Mahindra / Honda / Eaton/ SML ISUZU/ Yamaha/ L& T / Escorts / Tata Technologies / PunjLloyd / Denso / Apollo Tyres / Jindal Saw / Motherson Sumi / Godrej / Coca Cola.
- For Civil Engineering students, some of the major companies which visit our campus are – L&T Construction / Sobha Developers / 3 C / Shapoorji Pallonji / Sterling & Wilson / Cinda Construction / Lafarge / Afcons / DLF / Raheja Construction / JSW Steel / Mahindra EPC
Know more about our Strong Campus Recruitment
FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-17, WE ARE OFFERING THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
4 Year B.E. Programs in