3-Year Bachelor of commerce (Honours)
Our Commerce program at Chitkara Business School aims to prepare our students to select their professional career from a number of options. The program is designed for students to acquire B Com (Honours) degree alongwith an advanced career option through Association of Certified Chartered accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Capital Market Practice (CMP).
- B Com (Honours) with International Finance and Accounting with ACCA, UK.
- B Com (Honours) with CFA, USA.
- B Com (Honours) with CMP Course from BSE Institute Mumbai.
During the three years of the Program, students take-up live projects related to: finance and accounting; laws and policies concerning commerce; business management; financial decision making; financial statement analysis; wealth management; marketing etc. with a view to give them a hold on theoretical aspects of different concepts of commerce and finance.
PROGRAM CONTENTS AND ACADEMIC FRAMEWORK
This is a three-year full-time program, spread over five semesters of teaching and final semester of training based on their choice of three streams. The academic framework of the program includes several live industry projects, industry internship, global immersion program and hands-on experience in the world of commerce. Depending on the choice of students, along with normal B Com (Honours), they can study subjects enabling them to obtainadditionalqualification, so as to be ACCA qualified professionals after three years. Alternatively, they can prepare for CFA examinations in their second and third years. Students can also opt to go to Mumbai and study with BSE Institute for a year in various CMP subjects.
Our intensive program lays special emphasis on
- Accounting , Economics, Taxation, Business laws
- Auditing and Assurance, Cost Accounting, Financial Management
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS AND SPECIAL SKILL BASED CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS
- Professional certificate from London based ACCA to become Accounting professionals.
- Professional qualification of CFA.
- Professional Certificate from BSE Institute Mumbai on CMP.
- An Overview of Computerised Accounting System including salient features and significance; Concept of grouping of accounts; Codification of accounts; Maintaining the hierarchy of ledger; Accounting packages and consideration for their selection; Generating Accounting Reports.
- Hands on training on Tally ERP Package leading to Certification.