Edge Being a CFA® charter
Benefits of the CFA Program
Current & Application driven
The CFA® Program is developed by practitioners. At the end of the program, candidate is so well versed with knowledge and skills required to perform professional responsibilities such as constructing a portfolio or valuations models independently.
Global scope and Opportunity with Global firms:
The CFA® Program is global in scope and not country specific. CFA charterholders are looked upon as a complete Finance professional/expert in all the countries of the world.
Life Long Learning Program
Once a candidate acquires the CFA Charter, then he/she can access most of the materials from the CFA website such as videos, research articles, conferences etc. for the regular updating in the knowledge.
The monetary authorities in Singapore, Greece, Turkey, Hong Kong, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and in seven Canadian provinces. U.S. SEC grants blanket exemption for CFAs from passing licensing examination.
Recognition around the Globe
- The CFA Charter has been around for 50 years and is considered the “Gold Standard” in the financial industry
- A Russell Reynolds study quoted on the CFA Institute website talks about the CFA charters out-earning their peers by over 50% across experience levels
- The study also mentions that between MBAs and the CFA charterholders, it is the latter who command a higher average salary
- The study also mentions that a combination of the CFA charter and MBA ultimately proves to be the most highest paid category
- The Financial Times mentions that the value of the charter is even higher in Asian economies like India, China, and Singapore because of the credential oriented culture
- Most CAs/MBAs/Engineers looking to enhance their finance credentials end up taking CFA route as an entry strategy into Investment banks, Risk Management, Portfolio Management, etc.
Major Employers and Profiles
Major Employers in India
An increasing number of employers worldwide are requiring the CFA charter (or at least participation in the program) for hiring and promotions. The major employers of CFA or enrolled candidates are:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- J P Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Credit Suisse
- Fidelity Investments, Northern Trust
The firms mentioned above have offices in India and provide attractive employment opportunities for the CFA charterholders and candidates.
Various Profiles and Roles
The work performed by the CFA charterholders can be extremely challenging, and rewarding in monetary terms. The areas where the CFA charters can use their skills are:
- Security Valuation
- Portfolio Management
- Investment management
- Venture capital management
- Credit rating
- Corporate Finance
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Business Analysis/ Operational Analysis
- Analytics and Consulting
- Project Management and Information Technology
Advantages being a CFA charterholder
- Candidates gain knowledge of the financial world in an integrated framework along with graduation/post-graduation courses (whether commerce or non-commerce stream)
- Building financial concepts and applications during graduation/post-graduation courses lends a new dimension in the career development of the candidate
- Exposure to the global financial industry at early stage of career development leads to penetrative thinking and diversified innovation with confidence
- Most organizations sponsor the educational journey of the CFA® program
- Even a candidate who cleared CFA Level 1 exam commands comparable remunerations as being an MBA
- Being a CFA charterholder or while being a candidate in the CFA®program fetches you dynamic profiles which are dream of many.
- Salary packages with experience grow exponentially and is one of the highest as compared with few other best professional qualifications like CA, MBA.
- The costs involved is less/comparable with other professional qualifications
- Truly Value for Money
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the product or services offered by CFEC or verify or endorse the pass rates claimed by CFEC. CFA and Chartered Financial Analyst are the trademarks owned by the CFA Institute. Global Association of Risk Professionals TM, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by CFEC for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to CFEC nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to CFEC Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals TM, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals TM, Inc.