What is a Student Exchange Program?
A student exchange program is a study program in which students spend six months to a year studying at one of the international/Domestic institutions. Unlike traditional programs, a student exchange program is unique.
Perhaps the most appealing part of student exchange programs is their low cost which ultimately does not dig a hole in your pocket. Many students are unable to afford to study in different Institutions since it costs thousands of dollars. When students participate in a student exchange program, they can have the experience of studying and living in Different Institutions (Domestic/Overseas) at a fraction of the expense. Every institute/university has its own approach to student education. When a student from one country goes abroad, they are exposed to different ways of learning, which they are likely to bring back to their own country and share with their classmates. As a result, the exposure benefits their own learning and also that of their classmates back in their own country.
For the Students Exchange Program, Chitkara University has agreements with a number of foreign universities. The benefit of such an exchange program is that students gain exposure to diverse cultures, study environments, faculty exposure, and cross-cultural management skills, all of which are critical in today’s globalized world.
University partner list for student exchange program:
- Deakin University, Australia.
- University of Windsor, Canada.
- George Brown College, Canada
- TRENT University, Canada.
- Bow Valley College, Canada.
Our Programs with foreign universities
- Software Engineering with DEAKIN UNIVERSITY.
- Mechatronics Engineering with DEAKIN UNIVERSITY.
- Bachelor of Commerce with the UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR.
- Culinary Management with GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with TRENT UNIVERSITY.
- Health and Human Services Management.
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma.
Expenses for these programs:
The student exchange program organization, institution, or university, as applicable, determines the cost of foreign exchange programs. The cost of the student exchange programs for Indian students also varies according to the host country, duration of the study, and other individual factors. There are organizations that may provide international student scholarships to help with travel, lodging, and other expenditures.
What to do in order to become a part of a student exchange program (off-campus)?
To participate in a student exchange program, begin by looking into the exchange programs for Indian students in the nation you wish to visit. During your search, you’ll come across a number of exchange agencies that place students in other countries. Seek proper assistance from a reputed firm with a proven track record. Before you apply, make sure you understand the admissions and qualification requirements, as well as the program’s duration. To make your education abroad more reasonable, consider the whole cost and search for international student scholarships:
How to become a part of this student exchange program?
Selection criteria: –
- Students should have a good academic record.
- Students must fulfil the university requirements depending upon University/ Institute to which he/she is applying.
- Students should have good extra curriculum activity record
- Students must be enthusiastic.
Application Process: –
- Interested students must first email their portfolios, as well as their semester transcripts and curriculum vitae, to the host institution’s foreign affairs office through their individual exchange coordinators.
- Once we get the applications, we will pick the finest of them and notify the selected students as well as their department heads.
- Following that, the selected students should complete the student exchange application form and send it to the host institution’s international relations office, along with the needed papers.
Documents Required: –
- Official Transcripts.
- English Language Proficiency Certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Passport size photograph.
- Letter of Intent.
- Fitness Certificate.
- Government-authorized Identity card.
Going to another university/Institute (Overseas universities/Domestic universities) as a part of a student exchange program will not only provide students with a significant boost in their future ambitions, but it will also provide them with a life-enriching experience. Students gain independence, increase their language abilities, and develop a global perspective on a variety of topics. Student exchange programs are normally for a short period of time, but they are undoubtedly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and as Denis Witley said “All The top achievers are lifelong learners. Looking for new skills, Insights, and Ideas. If they are not learning, they are not growing and not moving toward excellence”, one should not miss these opportunities.