Chitkara University has been conducting International Conference on Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON) to bring together academicians and professionals from universities, research institutes and industries from India and abroad to share knowledge on advancement of wireless communication, wireless networking technology, embedded systems and their applications in the field of engineering/research. So far 6 Editions of the conference have been conducted on these theme areas in the years 2008, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2016 and 2018. In addition to technical paper presentations, conference features keynote talks, poster presentations, tutorials & workshops related the theme areas.
Here are some of the key highlights of WECON.
- International Collaboration and Participation.
- Participation & Support from top researchers of leading Government Research Institutes
- Participation & Support from industry professionals from Global Multinational Companies (MNCs)
- Each edition features submission of over 250 technical papers from India & Abroad.
- Selected Papers get published in conference proceedings which are available in both hardcopy and softcopy.
- Open source embedded design workshop using Beagle Board by Texas instruments in WECON2009
- WECON2011 featured a workshop on wireless networks conducted by George Brown College Canada and embedded design system workshop conducted by Texas instruments.
- WECON 2015 featured five hands-on workshops on latest embedded technologies, agreement with the industry (Quadrant Televentures Ltd.) for the set-up of Advanced Communication Lab in the university & a Launch of “Innovative Embedded Systems Projects” Book published by Chitkara University.
- Expert Talks by leading industry professionals & researchers
- Industry oriented Hands-on workshops on latest technologies in collaboration with IEEE
- WECON 2016 was conducted with technical sponsorship from IEEE and proceedings was published on IEEE Xplore.
- 60 papers from 12 different countries were presented in WECON 2016.
- WECON 2018 was conducted with technical sponsorship from IEEE and it also received support from ISRO, Applied Materials, NXP, IESA and Heriot Watt University.