Microelectronics and Information Science Research Centre (MISRC) Chitkara University conducts International Conference on Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON) to bring together academicians and professionals from universities, research institutes and industries from India and abroad to share knowledge on advancement of wireless communication, wireless networking technology, embedded systems and their applications in the field of engineering/research.
So far we have conducted 4 editions of WECON in 2008, 2009, 2011 & 2015. In addition to technical paper presentations, WECON features keynote talks, poster presentations, symposiums & workshops on latest embedded technologies.
Here are some of the key highlights of WECON.
- International Collaboration and Participation.
- Participation & Support from top researchers of leading Government Research Institutes
- Participation & Support from industry professionals from Global Multinational Companies (MNCs)
- Each edition features submission of over 250 technical papers from India & Abroad.
- Selected Papers get published in conference proceedings which are available in both hardcopy and softcopy.
- Open source embedded design workshop using Beagle Board by Texas instruments in WECON2009
- WECON2011 featured a workshop on wireless networks conducted by George Brown College Canada and embedded design system workshop conducted by Texas instruments.
- WECON 2015 featured five hands-on workshops on latest embedded technologies, agreement with the industry (Quadrant Televentures Ltd.) for the set-up of Advanced Communication Lab in the university & a Launch of “Innovative Embedded Systems Projects” Book published by Chitkara University.
- Expert Talks by leading industry professionals & researchers
- Industry oriented Hands-on workshops on latest technologies in collaboration with IEEE