Almost all aspects of human life are witnessing massive changes in emerging times. Let’s give attention to one of the most essential parts of our existence-our food. There is no doubt that the relationship between human beings with food is no longer the way it used to be. Now, people are more addicted to unhealthy food habits in comparison to the past, and also the maximum food produced is adulterated. Since such patterns are not sustainable and have enormous adverse effects, keeping a check on a diet with the help of some experts becomes indispensable. Here comes the role of a specialist in nutrition and dietetics. From the above-given explanation, it is very much clear how important these specialists are going to be in the future. Hence, opting for a future in this field can be highly rewarding.
A Comprehensive Guide to This Course: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
What is the course?
B.sc in Nutrition and Dietetics is basically an undergraduate degree of three to four years. It is a well-designed study where a student gets the opportunity to explore practically and theoretically the relationship between nutrition and health. In this study, a candidate gets to learn in-depth about the required nutrients for any human body if it is in a healthy condition along with certain specific requirements to treat illness and any kind of health abnormality.
Scope of B.sc in Nutrition & Dietetics
Do you realize that across the world, food-related problems cause fifteen deaths every minute? Indeed, it is a lot. The figures are clearly telling that it is an alarming issue. The reason for the same is that the time where we are living currently is a scenario where the distribution of resources is highly imbalanced. There is a significant number of people who are getting prone to diseases because of obesity and the other portion is suffering because of starvation. Now, to fulfil this gap we need more and more experts with relevant skillsets and knowledge which is why there is going to be high demand for nutritionists.
The other reason why their career prosperity is expected from this field is that with the population rising like anything, food-related problems are increasing. As a result, new and better methods must be developed. Hence, choosing the profession of a nutrition expert is a win-win option.
You can read about career options at Career Path for B. Sc In Nutrition and Dietetics
Why B.sc in Dietetics & Nutrition?
In this era and in this time period this study brings with itself immense work opportunities as-
- Currently, there is a lot of awareness increasing among people regarding their nutritional requirements and overall health. They are ready to spend as much as money is required to maintain or reverse their physical health. In such a scenario, the only person they are going to reach for help is an expert.
- The profession gives you the option to work as an employee, as a freelancer, and as a business person too. So, such a work choice with so much flexibility should be a must-go option.
- The profession is not only about the craze among people. It is also a basic need of society. Masses must be aware of what they are putting inside their bodies.
Skills required to become a Nutritionist expert
Here are a few skills that will give an edge to the professional-
- Negotiation Skills
- Persuasive and Convincing Power
- Time Management
- Team Working abilities
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Quick Judgement and Decision-making skills
- Assessing the health, exercise, and eating patterns of clients to determine their dietary requirements.
- Creating individualized nutrition plans and assisting them with the same when required.
- Providing support to clients as they progress with the plans and continuously motivating them to remain healthy.
- Ensuring efficiency by monitoring the meeting schedule.
- Providing customers with clear explanations of crucial information and the advantages of maintaining a healthy diet.
- Helping to set both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Stay updated with all the changes coming in the latest nutritional diets.
A 4-Year program of B.Sc in Nutrition & Dietetics at Chitkara University
Chitkara University is one of the leading and reputed universities which is offering a mix of both nutritionist and dietician course for the young aspiring generation who are looking forward to fixing their feet in the health and wellness industry.
It is a highly specialized course that provides knowledge about food management, Improvement in health with the help of the right food, and enhancing life quality. Not only this, but the program also covers controversial topics like world hunger and the globalization of food.
The completion of the course with the help of the experts at Chitkara will open gateways for you toward multiple well-paying employment opportunities at leading organizations.
Have a look at other important details-
|Course Name||B.Sc in Nutrition & Dietetics|
|Eligibility||Candidates should have passed 10 +2 or equivalent examinations recognized by any Indian University or a duly constituted Board with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, and Maths (PCM).|
|Subjects||Food and Nutrition, Food Science, Nutritional Ethics, Human Physiology, Food processing & quality analysis|
|Fee Structure||57000 per semester|
|Postgraduation options||PGD Clinical Nutrition, M.Sc Nutrition & Dietetics, M.Sc Applied Nutrition|
|Admission Process||Personal Interview|
|Placement Opportunities||Nutritionist, Health Coach, Dietician, Health Educator, Rehabilitation Counselor|