Our 3-Year Diploma in Automotive Engineering teaches manufacturing, designing, mechanical mechanisms as well operations of automobiles.
The study of Automotive Engineering is to design, develop, fabricate, and testing vehicles or vehicle components from the concept stage to production stage. Production, development, and manufacturing are the three major functions in this field. Automobile Engineering is a branch study of Engineering, which teaches manufacturing, designing, mechanical mechanisms as well operations of automobiles. India is growing – our economy, our population, our industry and our demand for safe, secure & lean transport means are steadily growing. Automobile Engineering Technologists are specialists in the vehicle design, development and maintenance, which include all segments of vehicles, logistics, and service operation planning and reliable transportation support. That’s why Automobile Engineers are in high demand for setting things right and that too on first time every time. The job itself has an intense focus on mechanical manufacturing practices. You install, maintain and repair vehicle systems & sub systems. As the world prepares for the challenges posed by increase in population, ever changing climatic conditions, if you want to make a difference in combating this pressing global problem, as innovators of climate-friendly products, systems and services to improve quality of life, this integrated Diploma in Automobile Engineering will put you on the right track. Our 3-Year Diploma in Automotive Engineering also prepares you to pursue further studies leading to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications from reputed local and foreign universities. The specific student learning outcomes of the Diploma in Automotive Engineering are as follows:
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems associated with Automobile technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices
- To do maintenance, repair and production of Automobile vehicles, systems and its components Procure, inspect and test automobile engineering materials
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing vehicles of all kind and develop serviceability studies and recommend diagnostics & trouble shooting procedures to be followed uniformly
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace mechanical machinery used in various industrial auto components manufacturing environment
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in all types of vehicles which includes 2 wheeler, passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles and earth movers for their periodical maintenance and service upgrades
- Design, analysis and development of performance vehicles, off track vehicles and rapid mass transport systems and its components
Collaboration & Partners – ASDC
ASDC (Automotive Skills Development Council) was established by NSDC (National Skills Development Corporation) part of MSDE (Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship) to work exclusively on Automobile & allied industries covering Manufacturing, Sales, Servicing, R&D, and Auto Finance. This was the first sector skill council which came into existence in India after the formation of NSDC. It is jointly promoted by ACMA, FADA, and SIAM & DHI to ensure skill ecosystem to cater ever-growing auto industry in India. ASDC shall be responsible for defining the scope/syllabus/curriculum outline/curriculum standard/content of the training program. Setting the qualification standards for the Trainers. Setting the qualification standards for the Trainee. The Training, Assessing & Certifying the Trainers of Chitkara University from time to time. Designing the training curriculum and training modules. Providing training standards for the trainees as well as trainers to the Training Partner. Accrediting and approving the existing training program/programs of the Training Partner provided it meets the accreditation criteria of ASDC. Assessment of Trainees post completion of training. Certification of Trainees based on the qualification, assessment & skill attained. Maintaining a database for Trainees who have successfully completed the program. Assist in Coordination with industry and overall promotion of the program. Chitkara College of Applied Engineering has established cordial relationship with some of the leading auto giants in India like FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), Honda 2 Wheeler, Ashok Leyland Limited, UM Motors, Mahindra Swaraj, JCB, Claas & Bosch to name a few. As a principle collaboration industry they take responsibility of bringing industry-blended curriculum, subject contents, pedagogy advocacy, faculty training, and establishment of state of the art lab infrastructure, which makes learning truly world class. In addition, they will also facilitate intensive internship, assessment of students for the fitment in industry. What’s more, subject matter experts (SMEs) from these industry partners will be there in Chitkara College of Applied Engineering to oversee delivery of the program for quality, consistency and to bring special emphasis in hands-on industry driven practicals.
The Diploma in Automobile Engineering program is recognised nationally and internationally. In addition all major mechanical and Automobile industries in India & Abroad are connected to this program and they recognise it. The program allows you to further your studies at reputable local and overseas universities through lateral engineering entry scheme. Students can join Engineering Degree directly into 2nd year, if one wishes to pursue higher education to bring further knowledge and growth.
Career opportunities abound in wide spectrum of industries as executives, specialists, technologists, engineers or managers in:
- Mechanical & Automobile engineering industry
- Auto components manufacturing industry Automotive sales & service industry
- Off track, race track and performance vehicle design studios
- Operations management
- Sustainable Design solutions for pollution friendly
- Research & Development
- Entrepreneurship & own venture
Given below are some of the companies, which have huge requirement for Automotive Engineers. At Chitkara College of Applied Engineering, we are collaborating with major blue chip companies, so that you can kick-start your career on a winning note.
The Diploma in Automotive Engineering program is 3 years full time offered by Chitkara College of Applied Engineering an integral part of Chitkara University, Punjab. The learning outcomes include:
- This program is offered in collaboration with FCA India (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Group), Honda 2 Wheelers, Ashok Leyland & ASDC (Automobile Skills Development Council) being very unique offer bring complete blend of seasoned learning with best of the partners’ bringing required industry support.
- There are four (4) academic semesters and last two (2) semesters are solely dedicated to Intensive Industry Internship Program (IIIP) facilitated by our program partners.
- Academic framework lays strong emphasis on learning through hands-on experience. Courses in foundation, technology and advanced technology feature state-of-the-art lab/workshop infrastructure enable this without any hassle.
- Subjects carry full industry/domain focus to ensure student stays connected with real working atmosphere all the time.
- To get further ahead, you will work on latest cutting-edge lab/workshop co developed and co created with industry partners, which not only simulates the real-time environment, but also prepares you to cope up with field situations
Major focus is laid in creating best in class lab & workshop infrastructure, which makes blended learning possible and the lab is equipped with advanced diagnostics equipments supplied by Jeep-USA, Honda-Japan & Bosch-Germany. This allows deeper conceptual learning by simulating real time industry environment part of automobile & on board diagnostics domains
- Petrol engine simulation and hands on lab – Honda
- Petrol engine simulation and hands on lab – Fiat
- Diesel engine simulation and hands on lab – Jeep
- Manual & Automatic Gear Box workshop
- Chassis system lab including brakes, steering & integrated transaxle wheel drives
- Vehicle diagnostics & on board simulation and data logging lab
- Heat Transfer lab
- Fluid mechanics, Hydraulics & Pneumatics machinery lab
- Strength of materials lab
- DC machines & drives lab
- AC machines & drives lab
- CAD, CAM & CAE lab
- Fuel injection systems lab
- Vehicle climate control systems & diagnostics lab
- Engine testing dynamometry & performance measurement set-up
- Wheel & tyre geometry setting infrastructure
- Full range of hands tools, power tools & support tackles for engine assembly & disassembly
- Vehicle air conditioning workshop with state of the art equipment RobinAir from USA & EATC diagnostics set up from Bosch-Germany
- Fitting workshop with all amenities
- Welding workshop with all amenities
- Foundation workshop with foundry, carpentry and smithy practices
- Height adjustable platforms up to 30 feet to allow students to work on various heights
- Turbo charger & Common rail injection service set-up with clean room and temperature control
- Vehicle electrical & electronics including trouble shooting set–up with bread board, diagnostics tools for tracing faulty circuits and electrical components
- Central charging station for restoring battery energy and battery charge management & diagnostics set-up
- AC – 3 phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- AC – Single phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 3 Phase 440 V Solid State Bus Bar
- DC power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 64 KW back up generator
- Full set of hand tools, power tools clubbed with trollies to ensure every student has grip of tools & tackles
- Personal protective gear for all students including gear to work on different heights
- Advance integrated vehicle on board diagnostics equipments supplied by industry partners
Eligibility & Fees
- Candidate with minimum aggregate of 40% in Class X.
*Caution Fee: Only at the time of admission.