* Starting in August 2020
B. Pharm (Practice) program provides advance specialisation for Diploma students in the areas of Clinical Therapeutics and Pharmacy, to achieve graduate degree in the advanced areas.
B.Pharm (Practice) course shall consist of a degree certificate of having completed the course of study and passed examination as prescribed in the Pharmacy Council of India regulations for the purpose of additional qualification to be entered in the Register of Pharmacists in India and equivalent global registration.
The course provides advanced specialisation for the Diploma students in the areas of Clinical Therapeutics/Pharmacy Practice to achieve graduate degree in these advanced areas, and work at similar status with other members of healthcare team. It also provides an opportunity to undertake advanced research studies and qualifications in the above mentioned areas.
The course provides opportunity to Diploma candidates in Pharmacy to undertake advanced studies in Clinical Pharmacotherapy and Practice areas, and attend to community Pharmacy, Practice and clinical requirements as a graduate Pharmacy professional. Graduation also opens up the chances for further postgraduate and doctoral specialisation in Pharma Sciences. It also provides possibility to pursue employment opportunities internationationally.
Some of the major companies who recruit our graduates are:
Some of the important subjects which will be covered during the program are:
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOTHERAPEUTICS: The subject discusses in detail the mechanism of disease process at the cellular level and the molecular biology processes involved in it. It also focuses on the Pharmacotherapy of the diseases using various drug combinations and the rationale behind the combination and the principles behind the drug regimens to be used at various stages. The subject increases the competence of the Pharmacy professional to have a useful interaction with the various members of the Clinical care team on possible intervention modifications
- PHARMACY PRACTICE: The subject discusses the clinical functions performed by a clinical pharmacy professional in a hospital or community pharmacy area, viz., identifying medication and prescription errors, drug monitoring, patient information, drug interactions, adverse event monitoring, audits and medical record maintenance. Pharmacy practice is an important function engaged in eliminating chances of errors in medication at all stages and ensuring best therapeutic interventions.
- APPLIED PHARMACEUTICS: The subject area deals with principles of preparation of pharmaceutical and sterile items for use in community or hospital setting, and sterile supplies which are an important element in providing sterile services at an in-patient intervention area.
- SOCIAL PHARMACY: The subject area develops expertise in management of social dynamics in communicable and noncommunicable diseases.
- ASSIGNMENTS: Clinical Assignments are given and evaluated on any one of the above areas, and carried out under the supervision of faculty members and Pharmacy professionals.
Eligibility & Fees
- A pass in Diploma course in Pharmacy from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India | A registered pharmacist | Minimum of 4 years of pharmacy practice experience along with experience proof and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer.
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
*ERP: Only at the time of admission.