Blockchain is a revolutionary technology that enables peer-to-peer transfer of digital assets without any intermediaries, and is predicted to be just as impactful as the Internet. This specialisation in Computer Science Engineering gives students:
- An understanding and working knowledge of foundational Blockchain concepts.
- A skill set for designing and implementing smart contracts.
- Methods for developing decentralized applications on the Blockchain.
- Information about the ongoing specific industry-wide Blockchain frameworks
The specialisation also covers a range of essential topics, from the cryptographic underpinnings of Blockchain Technology to enabling decentralized applications on a private Blockchain platform. This program will provide a broad overview of the essential concepts of Blockchain Technology – by initially exploring the Bitcoin protocol followed by laying the foundation necessary for developing applications and programming. It will also teach our graduates to design, code, deploy and execute a smart contract – the computational element of the Blockchain Technology.
Some of the major concepts you would understand are:
- Understand smart contracts, a core idea and computational model of Blockchain that enables automation, autonomy, scalability and transparency.
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of the emerging Blockchain Technology.
- How to design and program smart contracts and decentralized application.
- How to think of innovative application models, leveraging the Blockchain Technology.