– 4 Year B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
– Lateral Entry B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
As the world prepares for the challenges posed by climate change and ever increasing demand of quality products at faster pace, if you want to make a difference in combating this pressing global problem, as innovators of environment-friendly products and services to improve quality of life, this industry integrated Degree in Electrical Engineering with intensive specialisation will put you on the right track.
Electrical Engineering is one of the largest and most diverse technological and engineering disciplines in today’s world. Electrical Engineering is the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism for the development and maintenance of electrical and electronics equipments such as electric motors, navigation systems, medical devices, broadcast and communication systems, power generation systems, electrical distribution systems, electric grids etc., while keeping in mind the safety, quality, economic feasibility and sustainability of these products and systems.
India is growing – our economy, our population, our industry and our demand for energy are growing in multifold day by day. Electrical engineering technologists are specialists in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of energy and further expanding the career horizon into electrical & industrial automation. It’s a powerful career choice that demands good problem-solving skills combined with excellent domain knowledge with an eye for detail.
Electrical Engineers are much in demand in India. In the recent years, from house to companies every where there is a necessity of electricity to function, offering numerous opportunities to electrical engineers. These engineers can work in atomic power plants, hydel or thermal power plants. Job opportunities are ample in both private and public sector like railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
Companies like ABB, Bajaj International Private Ltd, Crompton Greaves Limited, Siemens Ltd, Reliance Power Ltd, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Centre for Electronics Design and Technology and Wipro Lighting are the biggest employers hiring Electrical Engineers.
Career opportunities abound in wide spectrum of industries as executives, specialists, technologists, engineers or managers in:
- Factory Automation
- Power Engineering
- Energy Management
- Facility Management
- Operations Management
- Sustainable Design & Solutions
- Entrepreneurship & own venture
Some of the key highlights of this specialisation will be:
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining electrical, instrumentation, control systems and associated green technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices
- To do maintenance, repair and production of electrical automation equipment and its systems.
- Procure, inspect and test electrical and electronic engineering materials
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace electrical & electro-mechanical automation machinery used in various industrial appliances.
- Enable to do industrial installation including automation components, programming cum reprogramming of logic controllers cum drives, laying cables, earthing, installing motors, drives with their accessories, wiring & testing of control circuits.
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic, industrial automation in transmission and distribution systems to install, erect and commission the power & automation equipment.
CUTTING EDGE LABORATORIES & FACILITIES
- Power Systems Research Lab
- Protection and Switchgear Lab
- Control Systems Lab
- Digital Simulation Lab
- Power Electronics and Drives Lab
- Analog and Digital Circuits Hardware lab
- Virtual Instrumentation Lab
- Process Control Lab
- Solar Energy Lab
- EDC and Device Research Lab
- Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- NxP Semiconductor Lab
- Q-Max Technology Lab
- Schneider Electric – Centre of Excellence
- Industrial Automation Lab – Fuji Electric
- Building Automation Lab – Siemens