– 4 Year B.Tech in Civil Engineering
– Lateral Entry B.Tech in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineers design and build things that are part of our daily lives. They build our homes, schools, the places where we work, our roads, bridges, railways, and airports. They also build the things we don’t see that we use every day like the water system we use when we wash our hands or take a shower and the electricity system we use to power our computers and charge our mobile phones. They get rid of the things we throw away. Civil Engineers work in many different areas. Most importantly, Civil Engineers work with many other professionals in teams to make our world a better place.
If you want to be on a construction site, building, testing and monitoring developments then you can be. If you prefer to be in the office designing and problem solving then you can do that too. With engineering, you can follow your interests both in what you do and where you do it. If you are interested in sport you can work as an engineer to create amazing sporting venues.
If you want to make a difference in people’s everyday lives you can work in a team to rebuild a community following a natural disaster – or even prevent the disaster from happening in the first place. If design is your thing you can be part of the engineering team that overcomes technical challenges of building truly fabulous places. Engineers work in lots of different places, like offices and laboratories, but also on sites that can be in exciting and far-flung places, or places others never get to go, such as underground and at sea. These opportunities make Civil Engineering one of the most exciting careers around!
- Earthquake Engineers make sure structures can withstand earthquakes.
- Environmental Engineers protect the environment and protect us from extreme weather.
- Geo-technical Engineers focus on the ground, which affects everything built on it (buildings), with it (dams and levees) and in it (tunnels and pipelines).
- Project Management Engineers make sure entire projects are delivered on time and on budget.
SPECIALISATIONS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Public Health Engineering
- Construction Engineering Management
Engineering companies all over the world are in need of civil engineers to develop new technologies, build better buildings, create better cities, get people to where they want to go in the best way possible, and counter the devastating effects of climate change. In other words, to improve the future of the planet. This means that the civil engineers of tomorrow (you!) are in demand. With a good education and a positive attitude you will be able to secure an exciting, well-paying job that offers you opportunities to work at the cutting edge of your field, all over the globe.
Civil Engineers specialising in Public Health Engineering can find jobs in:
- Building Engineering & Services
- Water Resources Engineering
- Renewable Water
- Resources Management
- Facility Management
- Operations Management
- Sustainable Design & Solutions
- Clean Energy
- Research & Development
- Entrepreneurship & own venture
Civil Engineers specialising in Construction Engineering Management can find jobs in:
- Government departments
- Private and public sector industries with roles such as Planning Engineer, Site Engineer, Quality Control Engineer and Project Manager.
- Research and teaching institutions
Students take a common core of Civil Engineering courses, and can specialise in the areas of Public Health Engineering, or Construction Engineering Management. Our curriculum lays intensive focus on:
- Strength of Materials
- Construction Technology
- Soil Mechanics
- Concrete Technologies
- Structural Analysis
- Building Drawing
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Hydraulic Structures and Machinery
- Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
CUTTING EDGE LABORATORIES & FACILITIES
- Structure and Construction Engineering Lab
- Computer Lab
- Soil Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulics and Fluid Machinery Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Survey Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Remote Sensing and GIS Lab
Eligibility & Fees
- XII passed with a minimum aggregate of 50% or secures 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
^ERP: Only at the time of admission.