At Chitkara Business School, BBA graduates have option to take up specialisation in Business Analytics as it will prepare them to leverage the power of Data Analytics onto Business trends & predictions with our industry-relevant curriculum.
This rigorous and fast-paced specialisation consists of fundamental business study modules that include the study of data science, technical skills, and advanced courses in analytics methods and problem solving. Our teaching philosophy in Data Analytics is to sort complex data through proven methods and applications. The program has a strong orientation towards various functional domains attached to expertise of data science with a special focus on marketing subjects.
Analytics Industry in India
The data analytics market in India is growing at a fast pace, with companies and start-ups offering analytical services and products catering to various industries. Here’s a look at some key observations, taking into account the various trends that analytics industry in India is witnessing across various industries such as banking, finance, ecommerce, retail, pharma, healthcare and others.
- Analytics, data science and big data industry in India is currently estimated to be $2.71 billion annually in revenues, growing at a healthy rate of 33.5% CAGR.
- Of the annual inflow to analytics industry, almost 11% can be attributed to advanced analytics, predictive modelling and data science. A sizeable 22% can be attributed to big data.
- Analytics, data science and big data industry in India is expected to grow seven times in the next seven years. It is estimated to become a 20-billion-dollar industry in India by 2025.
- In terms of sectors contributing to analytics revenue, finance and banking continues to be the largest contributor standing at 37% of the total amounting to $756 million in revenues. This is a 31% increase compared to last year. Others include Marketing & Advertising, E-commerce, Pharma & Healthcare.
- As for the company size, almost 40% of analytics professionals in India are employed with large-sized companies, with over 10,000 of total employee base. Midsize organisations employ 33% of all analytics professionals in India, while startups employ 27% of analytics professionals.
- E-commerce, telecommunication, giant retailers, media, oil-exploration and mobile tech business entities are recruiting data science professionals and that too, with hefty packages that indicate the boom of data science and big data analytics.
- With the emergence of Internet of Things, mobile devices and the increasing interaction among these, data size and its analysis are increasing more than exponentially. So the need for faster real- time analytics and large mobile data storage will open thousands of job opportunities.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
- The Business Anlytics at Chitkara Business School in collaboration with EY will focus on the use of advanced Data Analytics tools for Managers.
- Enabling full use of Statistical Modeling, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis techniques for solving business problems.
- Developing the ability to recognize and finalize the findings from a data set, along with effective presentation of the results using various Business Intelligence Tools.
- Application of the Principles of Data Science for solving real-world problems.
- Learning the use of cutting-edge tools and technologies for advanced business analysis.
- Experiential learning that provides the right exposure to be market ready.
The employment landscape looks very promising for graduates of Business Analytics, with blue chip companies constantly looking to hire experts in the field. These include:
- Cap Gemini
- Wipro Analytics
- Citi Bank Analytics
- Mu Sigma
- Latent View
Some of the major companies who recruit our graduates are:
These courses provide the statistical and methodological foundations for data analytics. Study modules include, Business Analytics, Business Statistics, Advanced Excel, Organisational Behaviour, Economics, Basic Statistics, Marketing Management, Financial Accounting, Financial Management and Marketing Research.
Competitive Advantage Courses
These courses teach students how to apply data analytics to different business problems. Study modules that offer competitive advantage include, Digital Marketing Analytics & Customer Analytics.
Functional expertise in Marketing for Business Analytics including, Digital Marketing, Product & Brand Management, Services Marketing, Global Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Consumer Behaviour
Deep Dive Courses by EY
- Applied statistics & Analytics using Excel
– Basic and Advanced Statistics
– Basic and Advanced Excel functions for Analytics
- Cloud Data Warehouse
– Basics of Data Warehouse
– Introduction to the Cloud with AWS
– Implementing Data Warehouse on AWS
- Exploratory Analytics in Python
- Predictive Modeling in Python
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence in Python
- Data Visualisation & Storytelling in BI
Experiential Learning Through Projects on
- Data Infrastructure on Cloud
- Building Data Infrastructure from Industry database.
- Building HR/Finance/Manufacturing/Business Intelligence Dashboard
Eligibility & Fees
- XII with a minimum aggregate of 50% (Any stream)
- Personal Interview
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
^ERP: Only at the time of admission